Relations/Area in km2
Socio Economic Factors
Pearson’s R Spearman's R
Contributions 0.24 (weak) 0.48 (strong)
Population Density 0.46 (strong) 0.45 (strong)
Per Capita Income (PCI) 0.64 (strong) 0.43 (strong)
Education (BA or higher) 0.42 (strong) 0.31 (moderate)
Contributors per urban area
• How to determine home region of a mapper?
1. First or latest created Node of contributor
2. Delaunay triangulation of all Nodes created by contributor
3. Delaunay triangulation of all contributor changeset
4. Spatial statistics e.g. K-means clustering method
Curious? Try: hdyc.neis-one.org
• Mooney, P.; Corcoran, P. Characteristics of Heavily Edited Objects in
OpenStreetMap. Future Internet 2012, 4, 285-305.
• Neis, P.; Zielstra, D.; Zipf, A. The Street Network Evolution of Crowdsourced
Maps: OpenStreetMap in Germany 2007–2011. Future Internet 2012, 4, 1-21.
• Neis, P.; Zielstra, D.; Zipf, A. Comparison of Volunteered Geographic
Information Data Contributions and Community Development for Selected
World Regions. Future Internet 2013, 5, 282-300.
• Neis, P.; Zielstra, D. Recent Developments and Future Trends in Volunteered
Geographic Information Research: The Case of OpenStreetMap. Future
Internet 2014, 6, 76-106.