Kanlaon cor. N. S. Amoranto Ave. (formerly Retiro St.) Sta. Mesa Heights, Quezon City 1114
May 8, 1892 – first chapel opened by the Capuchins to the public. The chapel was actually devoted to Divina Pastora. 1892 – Rev. Fr. Berardo de Cieza (Superior of the Central House) requested Mr. Manuel Flores to sculpt an image of Our Lady of Lourdes. February 1893 – First Novena to Our Lady of Lourdes May 23, 1893 – Superior Rev. Fr. Berardo de Cieza asked His Excellency Mons. Bernardino Nozaleda, OP, Archbishop of Manila, to establish a confraternity. September 15, 1893 – Archbishop gave out a decree declaring canonically erected and founded the chapel of Capuchins the confraternity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Lourdes, approved as well all the graces corresponding such religious society. 1894 – a second image was sculpted by Mr. Manuel Flores, a famous Filipino Sculptor with the guidance and cooperation of Fr. Antonio of Valencia. Carmen Macam paid Mr. Flores for the image. This second statue was even more beautiful and was placed in the side altar of the chapel on February 10, 1896.
November 1896 – Martina Azucena was miraculously cured from her incurable illness in front of the statue. September 1897 – the primitive chapel of the Capuchins was to enlarge for the growing pious exigencies of the devout people (Engr. D. Jose Garcia Moron, Doña Pelagia Velasquez, Doña Carmen Macam) and their enthusiasm for the Virgin of Lourdes. September 1897 – enlargement of the chapel was started by Architect D. Federico Soler and the donation of Mr. Moron for the love and devotion to the Virgin of Lourdes. 1898- Outbreak of the Spanish-American War, moments of anguish waiting of the deadline for surrender was already at hand. Rev. Fr. Alfonso of Morentin, the present Superior of the Capuchin Fathers during that time, prostrated before the venerated image of Lourdes in the name of the whole capuchin community, gathered at the chapel for the pious exercise of flowers of May, promised solemnly to the Virgin of Lourdes to dedicate to her the new church that they were building if she would save the house and the city of Manila from the terrible destruction of the announced bombing by the Americans.
September 24, 1898 – due to the increasing devotion and alms of the faithful, the energetic Fr. Alfonso of Morentin, put in the high altar the image of Our Lady of Lourdes. October 13, 1905 – arrival of visitor general, Fr. Daniel of Arbacegui gave the solicited permit to Fr. Morentin the authorization to begin the works of extension and embellishment of the church January 1908 – First Procession of the Virgin of Lourdes -Fr. Rector during the time asked for suggestions to do something extraordinary on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the Apparitions. An illustrious catholic writer, Mr. Manuel Ravago stood up and in brilliant exposition defended that it is most opportune extraordinary thing would be to organize a big procession on the last day of the novena. This has been done every year with multitude of people joining up to this time. February 3, 1910- the new church dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes, exclusively built with the contribution of the faithful was inaugurated. The new church was the glorious coronation of the efforts and aspiration of the devout people of the Philippines to the Virgin of Lourdes. Alfonso of Morentin – the soul and life of the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Immediately after, they proceeded to the blessing and the solemn ceremony ended with the exposition of His Divine Majesty and the Eucharistic Blessing. Then, they opened the marble stone where the names of the illustrious benefactors are written, located at the back of the altar. Diplomas of the Benefactors were distributed, among which the first to receive was the old and venerable Doña Natividad de Tuazon, who generously donated to the Capuchin Order the beautiful lot of La Loma.
Lourdes School Quezon City (LSQC) is a private, Catholic educational institution owned and founded by the Capuchins in Quezon City, Philippines, beside the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes. LSQC was originally called Lourdes Catholic School, but changed to its current name to distinguish it from its sister school Lourdes School of Mandaluyong (LSM).
The Lourdes School Motto: Pax et Bonum The Franciscan greeting, PAX ET BONUM, is the common salutation of the whole Franciscan family. PAX (PEACE, SHALOM) Convinced that the Lord called him and his brothers to be messengers of peace, FRANCIS OF ASSISI confessed in his Testament: God revealed a form of greeting to me that we should say, "GOD GIVE YOU PEACE!". This greeting of peace became so important for him that he instructed his brothers to make this a form of greeting in the Rule of 1223: "Whatever house they enter, they should first say, Peace to this house" (Lk. 10,5). In the early days of the Order, Francis sent his first brothers with these instructions: "Go, my dearest brothers, two by two into various parts of the world, announcing to men peace and repentance for the forgiveness of sins." Peace and forgiveness (repentance/salvation) are inseparable for Francis. PEACE reflects the unity of the diverse aspects of creation and of our human experience in the plan of God. To wish peace for another is to take away from that person fear of your presence, fear of being manipulated. There is a clear call for unity in this greeting; however, there is also a recognition of the diversity of created experience. In it we find a certain uniqueness which flows from the dynamic unity of "PAX", - a challenge to become vessels for the incarnation of "PAX" from individual to individual. "Become who you are." "Recognize your place in Gods creation." The promotion of the individuals wholeness and integration is the praxis that flows from the blessing "pax", "shalom", "peace". In the poem, "Canticle of Creatures", Francis, recognizing himself as coming from the very hands of God, reveals his integration standing side by side with all created things without any desire to possess or to manipulate. Hence, a peaceful person becomes united with all the creatures as brothers and sisters having only one Father, God, the Creator in Heaven.
SCHEDULE OF MASSES: Monday to Saturday: 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 am and 6:00 pm Sunday: 5:00, 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 , 12:00 am and 3:30, 5:00, 6:00, 7:00 pm