A Study on Tax Saving Scheme on SBI
Under the guidance of
Mrs.S.A.Aasha jyothi, MBA,
Dept. of MBA.
External guidance of
Branch manager in SBI.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
My study is confined to only Tax saving scheme in
SBI Mutual funds.
The study will also helpful to predict the
performance of the selected TAX saving schemes in
Considers performance evaluation of tax saving
scheme based on measures-beta, Sharpe and Jensen.
This report is based on primary as well as
secondary data .One of the most important use of
research methodology is that it helps in
identifying the problem , collecting , analyzing
the data and providing an alternative solution to
The research has been done by the primary data
by interacting with various people. The
secondary data has been collected through
• The study is confined to data available from fact
sheets and websites.
• There is less period of time to analyze the future
performance of Tax saving scheme.
• Micro level data have been considered for analyzing
Tools for performance measures
• Average mean
• Standard Deviation
• Treynor’s Ratio
PERIOD RETURNS RANK
1month -0.2 82
3month 14.3 68
6month -2.1 73
1yr -4.4 69
2yr 11.7 48
3yr 17.6 34
5yr 13.4 14
Returns (NAV as on 26-May-2016)
YEAR MEAN VARIANCE STANDARD
2011 -2.74642 25.77367 5.076778
2012 2.223219 17.79156 4.218005
2013 0.081527 16.95202 4.117283
2014 3.179444 11.96314 3.458777
2015 -0.13839 12.54099 3.541326
By comparing the periodical returns(R) with
Benchmark returns, we get beta value. Through beta
value, we can decide how much risk involved in the
Based on the above facts and figures, we can easily
• Performance of the scheme.
• Risk and Returns involved.
• Investment in ELSS-Axis long term equity scheme is
best compared to SBI mutual fund Tax saving
• Major funds are allocated to Banking& Finance.
• The performance of ELSS in SBIMF compared with
S&P BSE100 is below average as per CRISIL ratings
(as on 31-Mar-2016)
• SBI Tax Gain fund is having high risk, so investors
are cautioned about investing in this to earn high
• SBI tax gain has to be revised the portfolio to
increase fund returns and provide to the investors a
more secure investment option along with tax
• It should take more efforts on spreading awareness
about taxing mutual funds as these investment
instruments provides a higher return with tax