The Demand Metric 2013 Marketing Analytics Survey was administered online over a period of April 17th through May 3rd, 2013. During that time, over 700 responses were collected, 622 of which were complete.
A key marketing challenge is demonstrating value and relevance. Marketers generally agree that marketing analytics can help marketers measure their contribution to the organizations they serve.
In April 2013, Demand Metric conducted a benchmarking study to examine how marketing analytics is being adopted, adding value, and becoming integrated into overall marketing strategy.
A survey was used to collect data, and its analysis provides these key findings:
- World leaders: North American organizations lead the world in meaningful marketing analytics initiatives
- Size matters: large organizations are having more marketing analytics success than SMBs.
- Money talks: those who are allocating greater portions of marketing budgets are getting more from their
- Keeping it in the family: analytics data is largely staying inside the marketing department.
- Perception isn’t reality: CEOs, presidents, SVPs and business owners have a significantly higher opinion of
the credibility of marketing analytics data than do members of the marketing organization. This report details the results and insights from the analysis of the study data.