5 Killer Strategies To
Grow Your Business
Using Social Media
Private Enterprise Partnership
Parmizzano’s Restaurant Oct. 22, 2013
Mike McDermott - President
• During this energizing and motivational 20-minute
presentation, you’ll learn (at least) 5 killer EMarketing and Social Media tips that don’t include
any cold calling, buying lists, passing out
promotional materials, paying for radio/tv spots, or
giving away the milk for free.
• These 5 pro-tips will provide you with the information
you need to gain market advantage.
• Small businesses deserve a leg up.. These strategies
• Consumers positively react to the following things in
decreasing levels of intensity:
Receiving something/anything for FREE
Receiving a recommendation/peer pressure from a close friend
Receiving a discount on something they already buy
Receiving a recommendation/peer pressure about something they have
never bought before or buy infrequently
o Receiving a discount on something they have never bought or buy
• Successful = businesses executing top-line strategies
• Not so = businesses who resolve themselves to
Ways and Means
• You can give away just about anything. FREE
advice, a FREE ebook that someone else wrote, a
gadget/device you received for FREE, it has to be
something of real value but not necessarily
something that you had to expend capital on.
• You can advertise your contest on Twitter,
Facebook or your website as well as print/radio/tv if
you like… The goal is to first collect up leads, and
then two, to get them engaged.
#2 Email Lead Capture
• Email is not dead. It is definitely dying.. But it is not
o 100% of all facebook users (500 Million people) have to also have an
email address in order to join facebook.
• Capturing email addresses should be SOMEONES
JOB. Fishbowls, drawings, website forms, landing
pages, facebook customized lead capture pages,
a piece of paper on a clipboard.
• Make it interesting, really interesting..
• Make them remember that you wanted to get to
know them better.
What to do with them?
• You have some email addresses.. Now..
what do you do?
o Send out an email newsletter every 30-60 days. Telling them:
• Events and sales you have scheduled in the future
• One intrinsic thing about your industry that they did not know
• One intrinsic thing that is random
• One intrinsic thing that is Local
• Link them to your website, landing pages, or facebook fanpage
• FREE Solutions
o Mail Chimp (for when time is not an issue)
• Cheap Solutions
o Constant Contact (for when time is an issue)
#3 Sell on Facebook
• If you have a website.. And you sell things on your
website.. You can embed your website sales page
within your facebook fan page.
o Obtain leads and sales from a totally different venue
o Your search results, page views and facebook interaction will go through
• A good web developer can help you to embed
anything you’d like on your facebook page.
#4 Search and Find
• Did you know that you can actually Go, FIND and
COMMUNICATE with leads using both Facebook
• That you don’t have to be their fan, their friend or
even know who the heck they are?
• That you can narrow your search down using
“boolean” search terms?
• That you can further narrow your search for people
that are near you geographically … directly
targeting them as a consumer?
How to “kill it” on Twitter
• You can search any profile on Twitter for keywords,
#hashtags, and links to other sites.
• Twitter geo-tags most everything, so you’ll know
where these posts originate.
• Focus in on engaged social media users near you,
not ones in another state or another country.
• Create groups in Twitter to communicate and
associate with groups of people on Twitter.
#5 Recruiting vs. Sourcing
• Recruiting customarily meant posting your job, and
waiting for emails/calls to inquire about it.
• Sourcing is the active search for an employee,
where you look for them in the pools of available
(and not available) potential employees.
• Use LinkedIn to search the Company rosters of your
competition. Is there anyone there you’d like to get
to know better? Contact they via LinkedIn
#6 Social Media Guidelines
• Having people talk about your brand is serious
business. It is even more amplified when your
company is being talked about using Social Media
#7 Google Plus makes some play
• Google Plus http://plus.google.com
is the social media realm of the
“geek” with lower adoption rates
than facebook, twitter and
• However.. Google Plus pages are
actively indexed and show up in
search results (unlike
• So.. In order to show up in Google
search well, you NEED to be using
Google Plus and posting to it
regularly. If not, you are missing the
• And.. Did I mention that Google
Adwords will now be placing
• You just learned 5 7 killer ways to grow your
business using social media
• Here is a link to Mike’s Presentation that you can
• Here is Mike’s contact information if you would like
Bash Foo to take your marketing to a whole new
level of awesome!
President, Bash Foo
140 E. Broadway Ave. Tipp City, OH 45371
office: (888) 345-5847 or mobile: (937) 573-8535