3. Choice vs Choosing Source: http://www.slideshare.net/rdaniels14/running-your-business-in-the-cloud-presentation/
5. SOA: Service Oriented Architecture Reuse and Agility Web 2.0 Network Effect SaaS: Software as a Service Flexible pricing and delivery RIA: Rich Internet Applications Experience Software + Services Cloud Computing Service Utility
22. Competencies Distributor LAR/DMR ISV Retail OEM SI & VAP Host & Telco Marketing Agencies & Independent Agents System Builder Transaction Solution Midmarket Enterprise Small Business
23. Economy of Scale Low High Control High Low Application runs on-premise Buy my own hardware, and manage my own data center Application runs at a hoster Pay someone to host my application using hardware that I specify Application runs using cloud services Pay someone to host my application without specifying the hardware (they promise to be “infinitely” scalable) Application is supplied by a vendor Pay for someone’s hosted application. Don’t care about the hardware, as long as it works.
24. "When you combine the ever-growing power of devices and the increasing ubiquity of the Web, you come up with a sum that is greater than its parts."