#1- Stay safe.
Are you under 18?
• parents/adults are responsible for your safety both offline
and online, but even when we are not around- STAY
• watch out for each other (no bad sites, offensive language-
click AWAY and tell an adult).
#2- Protect Your Name!
• Do NOT under any circumstances, use your entire name
(first and last) on any website, shared video, shared audio,
or other shared presentation.
• Instead, use a code name (like "geeksquad" or
"princess50") or, use an initial to represent your first name,
OR first name only.
#3- Protect your personal information!
• Do NOT share your address
• Do NOT share your phone number
• Do NOT share the names of your family members
Also never give away any of the following information:
• Full name
• Home address
• Phone number
• Social Security number
• Credit card numbers
#4- Protect Your Passwords
• Keep your password in a safe place where only you can find
• Your password is information to be kept private. You should
let a parent or adult keep your password list as a backup in
case you lose it. No one else should have your password.
• Make your password difficult for others to learn and
#5- Stay positive and clean
• All posts or comments you create online should be kept
CLEAN of all profanity.
• Your comments and posts should also stay positive
• Your comments and posts should steer clear of
cyberbullying or responding to cyberbullies
• Respect one another
Parent Resources To Try
Your parents might want to install any of the following
safeguard browsers on your computer:
• Open DNS - https://store.opendns.com/setup/computer/
This is a VERY GOOD open source program that protects
against offensive site, popups, spam, adware, and malware
scripts. You can protect one computer at a time, or a whole
network of computers in your household. (This one is
required for our class and is a FREE download).
• Buddy Browser- this is a great resource for younger
siblings. If you have younger brothers and sisters, your
parents might want to use this fun and safe browser for their
Contact me by:
• Email - email@example.com
• Skype- demetriazinga