1. Growth Mindset: Direct your focus to what the future will look like. Anticipate likely changes in your customer's needs and preferences to interact with your business.
2. Differentiate or Die: Help your customer understand why and how you are different to other providers in your product/service category.
3. The Customer Adoption Cycle: Create a customer adoption cycle for your business and align all your sales, marketing and support customer interactions at the appropriate steps of the Adoption cycle.
4. Disrupt the Status Quo: People will make key decisions when they face immediate negative consequences. The role of Sales & Marketing’s is to take the customer out of the comfort and complacency of the status quo and let them 'wallow' in the negative future.
5. Tipping the Funnel: Convert your customers into your un-paid sales force.