BF Skinner was an american psychologist that introduced a theory called radical behaviorism that examined the relationship between motiviation and reinforcement. Radical behaviorism seeks to understand behavior as a function of environmental histories of reinforcing consequences
programmed learning, educational technique characterized by self-paced, self-administered instruction presented in logical sequence and with much repetition of concepts…….THE KEY IS REINFORCEMENT. THE PROPER REINFORCEMENT CAN HIGHLY MOTIVATE EMPLOYEES.
THE BIGGEST IS LACK OF RECOGNITION which we will touch on again in just a bit.
REWARDS ARE NOT WHAY EMPLOYEES NEED. Example: if you give someone a gift certificate to an ice cream parlor and they are lactose intolerant. This is a Very basic example.
What Is Employee Motivation?
• Employee Motivation Defined:
• Employee motivation is the level of energy,
commitment, and creativity that a company's workers
bring to their jobs.
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
• B.F. Skinner and Behaviorist Psychology
• AKA as Stimulus-Response Technology
• Manipulating and modifying behavior
• Programmed Learning
Reasons Why Employees Are
• Poor Salary
• Lack of Recognition
• No Opportunity for Advancement
• Frustrated By Job
• Tension With Staff/Leadership
• Rewards Given are Not Actually What Employees
How To Motivate
• Positive Feedback
• Opportunity for Advancement
• Open Door Policy
• Extra Benefits
• Appreciation from Superiors
How this affects us at work
• Reasons We Are Not Motivated:
• Lack of Recognition
• Not Known by Name by Many Staff Members
• General Public Is Uneducated of What We Do
• No Incentive for Hard Work other than Personal Pride
• No Set Start Time or Finish Time
• No Specific Deadlines
• Resistance to Change
• We are expected to complete tasks certain ways
regardless of efficiency
How we could be
motivated at work
• Form Better Relationships with Staff Members
• Be Recognized for the Hard Work We Complete
• Incentives for Hard Work
• Appreciation by Fellow Staff and Players
• Focus on More Efficient Use of Our Time
• Opportunity to Have A Voice
• Have the Ability to Give Input to Become More Efficient
• Clear Goals Set to Reach
• There are many variables that play into employee
motivation and through the proper reinforcement this
problem can be alleviated.
• Recognition, incentives, etc. are just a few of the
ways that can help in the motivation of employees.
• It is important that an organization devise an
employee motivation plan for future use to prevent
these issues from occurring.