2. Amazon Content Optimisation
• All Amazon content is indexed so pay attention to
• Product description is seen above key features
• Pay attention to character limit ( Title 80 /150, key
features 500, description 2000 and search terms 250)
• Search terms are hidden from customers so use this
• You can upload 9 images per product
• Use large size image of 1000 px on longest side.
This will allow users to zoom images.
• First image should be product with pure white
• Include life style images.
• When listing bundle products, also show
4. Product title
• 80 /150 character limit depending on category
• Use additional space with generic keywords
• Use keywords tools such as sonar tools for
5. Sonar tools – keywords
• Use keywords tabs to get keywords ideas
6. Sonar tools – reverse ASIN
• Use “reverse ASIN” to find out search terms
indexed for competing products
7. Key features
• 5 key points with 500 characters each
• Use this to show product benefits. Use keywords
8. Product description
• Don’t ignore this completely thinking it will show
below the fold of your screen. It shows before key
features on mobile.
• Use htmls like <p> ( paragraph), <b> ( bold), <ul>
<li> for bullet points.
9. Technical details
• These are indexed too.
• Use competitor analysis to find out what’s
• Fill out as much product fields as you can
10. Search terms
• 250 character limit
• Don’t repeat any words or use punctuation
• All fields are equally important
• Using competitor’s brand name does not index
your product on organic ranking