Our first prime minister ,Jawaharlal
Nehru said , “you can tell the
condition of nation by looking at the
status of its women“
Condition of women in India
Our country is on high roads of
success , but still for a women her life
is a battle for survival and dignity
from her birth to death
Restriction on widow remarriage
Neglect during childhood
While goddess are welcomed with open arms,
our doors are shut tight for girl child.
It’s a very common scenario in almost all
It has become tradition for some families to
have male children only.
Our sex ratio is : 923 females per 1000
Getting married before attaining full
mental and physical maturity.
In rural area 70%of girls are married before
they are 18
And nearly 56% of married girls bear
children before they are 19 .
Dowry is defined as the property , which a man
receives from his wife or her family at the
time of marriage. It is regulated by factors
Boy’s service and salary
Educational qualification etc.,
Freedom from Fear
Freedom to Vote
Freedom of Speech
Freedom from Torture
Freedom of Choice
Freedom of Religion
Freedom from enslavement
- All humans are born free and equal in dignity and rights
- Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
- Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment.
- Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal
- Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free.
- Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the
community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and
- Abuse violence and discrimination
against women .
- The issues with women’s rights are
still being ignored and remain as a
- Many governments turn a blind
eye towards the increasing
problems with the discrimination
and violence against women
- Abused victims of rape,
unfair treatments in the
workplace, domestic violence
- Women are attacked in areas of armed conflict.
-In pakistan men are beating women at
- In Thailand, Burma and Nigeria, women
are constantly being sold and trafficked
into prostitution where governments are
not doing enough to protect the rights of
- In Ukraine and Mexico, women are often
denied employment simply because they are
- In the US, students attack girls .
-In Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco and Saudi
Arabia, women are rendered as being
unequal in front of the law.
Talha Ali Khan
Btech Iind year