• “Apple did not invent the mp3, nor did they
invent the technology that became the
iPod, yet they are credited with
transforming the music industry with it.
The multigigabyte portable hard drive
music player was actually invented by
Creative Technology Ltd....In fact, Apple
didn’t introduce the iPod untll twenty-two
months after Creative’s entry into the
market.” (Sinek 43)
• In October, 2001 Steve Jobs unveiled the
first iPod to the general public.
• The iPod battery was originally a lithium
• It had a choice of either a 5GB hard drive
or a 10GB.
• The casing was made from aluminum
• Most internal parts were made from other
companies commissioned by Steve Jobs.
• Steve Jobs assembled a team of
engineers to design the iPod product line.
• The software was designed in combination
of two different companies, Pixo and
• Apple Continued to refine the iPod
software, hardware, and overall look.
• They redesigned the scroll wheel to a more
sophisticated touch click wheel to increase
efficiency and less clutter.
• They designed different branches of iPods
like the Nano and shuffle to appeal to
• They changed the user interface to better
operation in the device including the menu
• They added a backlight so operation in the
dark can be made simpler.
• The full touch screen iPod touch was
unveiled September 5, 2007
• Applications were developed for different
uses such as games,
utilities, or maps.
Anybody can use an iPod. For music,
movies, pictures, anything!
Start With Why. Portfolio Hardcover. Simon Sinek, 2009. 43. Print.
"iPod." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc, 2010. Web.
"Apple Support." www.Apple.com. Apple Inc., October 13, 2008. Web. 10 Sep 20
"iPod Apple Original Design." www.Fanoos.com. Apple Inc.,
October 13, 2008. Web. 10 Sep 2010.