While the news about laptop camera covers can make any of us paranoid, the real cyber threat comes from the computer we all carry in our pockets and purses: our mobile phones. I will describe some of the more dangerous cyber threats that can turn your phone into a recording device and launch pad for hackers, and how you can try to prevent these in your daily life.
Mother Horrified to Learn Hackers Put
Live Feed of Daughters' Bedroom Online
How to respond to robocalls
• Register with DoNotCall.Gov. Use a call-
blocking service such as Hiya or Truecaller
• Never wire money when requested
• Don’t interact with the robocaller: Not even
• Try to call them back
• Don’t pick some tech that is too difficult to
• Change one or two habits at a time until you
• Eliminate personal info on Facebook et al.
(e.g. Jan 1 “birthday”)