• Working with MongoDB (hands-on)
WHO AM I?
• Software Developer/Architect/Consultant for 15 years.
• Working in the .NET stack (mainly in the web space) since 2001.
• Started getting interested in MongoDB about 2-3 years ago.
What is NoSQL?
Martin Fowler: Some characteristics are common amongst
these databases, but none are definitional.
using the SQL
Designed to run
on large clusters
Not using the
NoSQL Database Families*
* “Seven Databases in Seven Weeks”, Eric Redmond and Jim R. Wilson
WHAT IS MONGODB?
(many drivers –
e.g. C#, Java,
1. Open Source - no licensing fees.
2. Relatively developer friendly and easy to ramp up.
3. Fast reads.