1. Re-read your creative writing (and my stars!)
2. Locate 3 or more of my
3. Annotate – what have you done well?
4. Choose your BIG target….
Choose Your BIG Target
accuracy of basic punctuation
variety of punctuation - using more than basic
paragraph length variety - power-graphs
tense accuracy (past/present)
accuracy of grammar (capitals, sentence building…)
use of senses
use of imagery (similes, metaphors
10 building tension + climax
Closing the Gap
a) Basic: Speech – revision/activity sheet
b) Basic: Commas
c) Ext: Apostrophes
d) Ext: Semi-colons & Colons
a) Basic – TIP TOP revision; James Bond activity
c) Extension - Power-graphs & Linking
Imagery: matching exercise & practise writing
Creative Writing Activity
Show off your new knowledge by
demonstrating your writing skills!
1. Watch the film clip.
2. Use the narrative bullet points to
guide you (rough plan)
3. Focus on your BIG TARGETS
and spend 20 minutes crafting.
• You wake up confused on a moving train
• A girl opposite you chats – clearly a friend – but you
don’t recognise her
• Train stops at station – you leave your seat – check
the platform – someone strange?
• Return to seat – unusual reflection in window – flee
• Revelation: it is not you! – girl returns – argument –