4. THE REALITIES OF SOCIAL MEDIA
• $8.5 billion was spent on social in 2015.
• $14 billion will be spent in 2018.
• Social media will NOT bring you immediate
• Social media cannot make up for a bad
product or service.
5. SOCIAL MEDIA IS YOUR
• There are 1.44 billion Facebook
• 71% of people trust services they
find on social media.
• The average user logs into social
networks 1.72 hours per day.
• That’s 28% of all online activity!
6. Potential sales are out there on
Arm yourself with the knowledge to
defeat anxiety about social!
7. 5 Questions We Hear a Lot About
• Why isn’t anyone seeing my content?
• Will people engage with a sales pitch on
• Do I have to constantly think of new
• What if I get a bad reputation online?
• Does anybody click ads online?
8. 5 Answers to Those Questions To Get
You On the Road to Social Success
• Overcoming the Facebook Reachageddon
• Sell without selling
• Use, reuse, and recycle great content
• Incentivize referrals, respond to reviews,
and surprise and delight
• Show personality and be Likeable, even in
9. 1. Overcoming the
“Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a
wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out
how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
- Michael Jordan
16. Let the Algorithm Help You Out:
Custom & Lookalike Audiences
✓ Get more business and referrals from current customers
✓ Attract people similar to your current customers
✓ Get already-interested prospects closer to buying
✓ Retarget “cold-feet” visitors
18. 2. Sell Without Selling
“The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.”
- Tom Fishburne
19. The 4-1-1 Rule (Guideline)
For every 6 pieces of content…
• 4 Pieces of Curated Content
• 1 Piece of Unique Business-Specific Content
• 1 Piece of High-Value, Lead Generation/Sales Content
Day 1 Day 2 Day 6Day 4Day 3 Day 5Curated Curated Curated CuratedSalesUnique
25. 3. Use, Reuse, and Recycle
“Traditional marketing talks at people. Content
marketing talks with them.”
- Doug Kessler
26. Follow the 10 Commandments
of Content Creation
~From our Free eBook SocialContentEBook.com ~
-Give your followers a reason to engage
-Remember to K-I-S-S (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)
-Have a Conversation
-Ask Yourself: Is it Sharable?
-Know How to Properly Curate
-Be Mindful of the 4-1-1 Rule
-Keep It Timely
-Use Visuals To Enhance Your Message
-Tell a Story
40. NOW LET’S REGROUP…
• Overcome the Facebook Reachageddon
• Sell Without Selling
• Use, Reuse, and Recycle Great Content
• Build an Online Reputation
• Show Your Personality, Be Likeable
41. THANK YOU / QUESTIONS
Connect with me:
Grow your business
Mention #JANYjewelry to
“How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so
easy for you to be remarkable?” - Seth Godin
Inspiration is the name of the game and by sharing meaningful stories about customers and employees people can connect with your business on an emotional level
And therefore want to do business with you
You can advertise as much as you want, but without the materials to back it up, you’re outta luck. Creating great content is hard. It requires work and perseverence, I’m not going to lie. Lucky for you, there are resources out there to help.
Thank you so much, we still have time for questions. After questions we’ll reveal our grand prize winner!
What’s the difference between a fan and a follower?
Could you tell us more about social ads? Learnsocialads.com
What do you do with a negative review?
What should the breakdown be for promotional and personal posts?
How much does likeable Local cost? Likeablelocal.com/pricing Expert 299, pro 599, VIP 19.99