Creating an AppStore using Model Driven Software Development
System Integration course Creating an AppStore using Model Driven Software Development GS Team Dániel DARVAS, Gergő HORÁNYI, Balázs PÁL, Gábor SZÁRNYAS Budapest University of Technology and EconomicsBudapest University of Technology and EconomicsDepartment of Measurement and Information Systems
Object of the work Creating a prototype of an application store’s web services where: o applications can be published, bought or verified; o users can be registered; o payments can be transferred Additional requirements: o We must use jBPM5 business workflows. o Multiple platforms should be used for implementing web services. Creating a GUI is out of scope.
Tasks1. Designing a data model for AppStore2. Implementing the web services3. Creating business workflows4. Uploading test data5. Creating an intelligent, rule-based advisor (called Genius) to recommend applications for users
1. Design Technology: Eclipse Modeling Framework We made a general Service Oriented Architecture metamodel on the „Model Driven Software Development” course named GSoaArchitect. o http://code.google.com/p/gsoaarchitect/
GSoaArchitect metamodelService component Service method Data type Entity
1. Design Components of our architecture: o AppRepository: stores the applications, application metadata, etc. o UserManager: stores the users o CreditManager: stores the credit accounts of the users o CodeVerifier: dummy component for code and metadata verification
1. Design Main entities (objects to store and handle) o Application: hollow for an application o ApplicationAccount: container object for storing applications bought by a specific user o ApplicationMetadata: metadata for an application (name, price, etc.) o ApplicationVersion: represents a specific version of an application (stores its files) o CreditAccount: credit account of a user o CreditTransaction: represents a credit transaction (income or expense) o User: represent a user or a developer
1. Design Main connections between entities User ApplicationAccount CreditAccount Application CreditTransaction ApplicationMetadata ApplicationVersion
2. WS implementation Technology: Java EE and .NET o We had to use multiple platforms. With our GSoaArchitect tool we are able to generate automatically (using Xpand) the following parts for both platforms: o Skeletons of web services o Entities and persistence (using Entity Framework or Java Persistence API) o Project files (e.g. .csproj descriptors) Note that the target platform of the components and entities are specified by the source model.
2. WS implementation Platforms of the components o .NET: AppRepository, CodeVerifier o Java EE: CreditManager, UserManager Persistence o Each component persists its own entities, e.g. • User is persisted by UserManager • Application, ApplicationMetadata, ApplicationVersion entities are persisted by AppRepository
3. Business workflows Technology: jBPM5, Guvnor Example workflows: o Application code or metadata verification o Application purchase
3. Business workflows Verification of an application or its metadata (high level workflow)
3. Business workflows Application purchase (high level workflow)
3. Business workflows Application purchase (low level workflow – it can be executed) Service calls to implemented web services
4. Genius Technology: JBoss Drools, jBPM We implemented the Genius as a workflow o Output: some recommended applications
4. Genius Suggestions are given by Drools rules The recommended applications are … o … from category that is frequently chosen by the user o … made by developers liked by the user o … popular and rather expensive o … suitable for the user according to the applications’ age limit o … not bought already by the user
5. Uploading test data Technology: Eclipse Modeling Framework We created an importer which can explore an EMF instance model and uploads the found data over our components’ REST web services.
Architecture Development Platforms REST interface tools WorkflowJava EE / .NET Components Genius Business logic layer EMF-IncQuery Persistence layer
Used technologies Eclipse, Visual Studio: for development Eclipse Modeling Framework: for creating the model of the architecture jBPM5, Guvnor: for workflows .NET, JavaEE: for implementing web services Entity Framework, JPA: for persisting entities Drools: for giving rule-based suggestions Eclipse OCL, EMF-IncQuery: for validation models
Links and contacts Homepage of the courses: http://www.inf.mit.bme.hu/edu/courses/mdsd http://www.inf.mit.bme.hu/edu/courses/szolgint GSoaArchitect: http://code.google.com/p/gsoaarchitect/ Team members o Dániel DARVAS darvas.daniel o Gergő HORÁNYI horanyi.gergo o Balázs PÁL arnongoth o Gábor SZÁRNYAS szarnyasg