Consumer behaviour towards
• The increase in the penetration of internet and lack of time in
the people’s life, online shopping has gained popularity.
• Online grocery stores have to educate prospective customers about the
opportunity and benefits of ordering groceries online.
• There is a need to understand the behaviour of the consumer towards
MDP: What actions should be taken by e- grocery marketers to influence
customer to opt for e-grocery.
Objective:The objective of the study is to understand the consumer behaviour
by knowing customer’s attitude, Satisfaction and preference while purchasing
Population: People of Lucknow.
Sampling design: Non- probability sampling design.
Data Collection Method: Structured survey
Sources of Data Collection: Primary data.
Processing of Data: Statistical Test like Regression, anova,
Chi-square Crosstab to find the relation and difference of
demographic determinant like income, age, gender, on the
customer attitude and Satisfaction.
Satisfaction with Attitude parameters.
o Broad Selection
There is significant difference in purchasing frequency across gender
There is significant relationship between purchasing frequency and
There is significant difference between features to attract across
There is significant difference between need of online grocery across
• E-Grocers should focus more towards easy accessibility, quality
offered by them, description of the product as most of the
customer’s go for online grocery shopping by seeing all these factors.
• Innovative efforts must be launched to improve the marketing
• The potential participants can be invited to take part in the survey
through the actual website so that they can evaluate and visualize the
features, benefits, ease of use, security, trustworthiness and etc with
less bias but with more true perception and feedback.
• Delivery at specific times.
• Target marketing
• New markets
• Focusing on advertisement for women
• Networking with hotels