Please complete and return to:
UniPreneurs Awards Team
8 Canada Square
Let us know your details, so we can create your account.
*indicates that this question must be filled in.
Daytime phone number*
Date of Birth* d d /m m/yy yy dd/mm/yyyy
Nationality* United Kingdom
Year of graduation* 2006
still at university
Are you: In the process of setting up a business?
A not yet started business - but a great idea?
An already established business?
Type of business and brief
description of activity*
Date business started* d d /m m/yy yy dd/mm/yyyy
Number of employees
Total turnover for last
Total turnover to date
Intellectual Property Have you protected your business/product/service or are you planning to:
Other (please specify)
Other information Where did you first hear about Unipreneurs?
At a HSBC bank (please specify the branch)
At HSBC's business website
Other (please specify)
For information purposes only, please select all that apply:
Do you have a business account?
Are you already an HSBC business banking customer?
Would you like to discuss your business banking requirements with
an expert from HSBC?
I confirm I have read and agreed to the competition [tick box to confirm have read T&Cs]
Certification: I/We hereby certify that all the particulars supplied in this entry are correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and that no material information has
been withheld. I/We understand a representative of the UniPreneurs Office might contact me/us for additional information if necessary. I/We agree to the rules and
conditions of entry and agree to abide by the decisions of the judging panel on all matters relating to the awards. You do not have to be an HSBC customer to enter the
Your entry details will be used by HSBC Bank plc and Aspect Communications Group Limited for the purpose of assessing your application for this competition. We
may use third parties to provide services on our behalf which may include the processing of information about you. With your permission, the HSBC Group may use
and share relevant information about you to give you information about products, services and promotions available from HSBC Group companies which may interest
you by post, telephone electronic and other means. If you do not want us to contact you about such products and services please tick the box to indicate that you do
not wish to receive such information
Now, tell us about your business or idea.
Please limit your response to a maximum of 250 words for each answer. You may include extra pieces of paper if required.
Describe your business or your business idea and what makes it special.
What is the inspiration behind your business?
Tell us how your business will exploit the market.
What have been your greatest challenges so far?
What are your greatest achievements to date, like new products, patents or, perhaps, business wins?
Is your business ethically responsible; does it help combat climate change or contribute towards the community?
How do you structure and manage your business?
What are your plans for the future and what do you hope to achieve?
Terms & Conditions.
1. The Unipreneur Awards are open to new businesses, existing businesses and business ideas in development (‘Entrants’) where the applicant (‘Applicant’)
who applies on behalf of the Entrant, satisfies the conditions below. Entrants must be based and regulated in the United Kingdom (‘UK’) and be under one
year old at the start of the competition on Monday 17th September 2007 Applicants must be:
(i) EU citizens registered at and attending a UK university or have graduated on or after May 2006.
(ii) If the Entrant a Sole Trader, the Sole Trader.
(iii) If the Entrant a Partnership, one of the partners.
(iv) If the Entrant a company, a director and shareholder of that company.
(v) Closely involved with the set up of the Entrant.
2. The Unipreneur Awards are open to sole traders, partnerships (limited liability partnerships) and companies, where the majority of shares are in private
ownership. Businesses which are wholly or partly owned or managed by employees (or any of their spouses, partners or children) of any of the parties listed
at 15 below are not eligible to enter.
3. Only one entry per applicant and business is permitted and all entries must be made via the Unipreneur website and authorised by a representative of the
4. The intellectual property rights (registered designs, patents, copyright etc.) of all information submitted remain with the original owner. Applicants and
Entrants should note that certain intellectually property rights may be irrevocably lost if action to register them is not taken before any disclosure in publicity
material. No responsibility whatsoever will be accepted by the parties listed at 15 below for any loss of intellectual property rights arising from entry into the
Unipreneur Awards competition. Those Applicants/Entrants seeking guidance on intellectual property may wish to contact The National Council for Graduate
Entrepreneurship via www.ncge.org.uk or the UK Intellectual Property Office via www.ipo.gov.uk
5. The closing date for entry forms to be received at the Unipreneur Awards Office is Friday 23rd November 2007 No responsibility will be taken by any of the
parties listed at 15 below for entries lost, damaged or delayed. Damaged or defaced entries will be disqualified.
6. The cash prize of £20,000 will be awarded to the Entrant and will be in the form of an HSBC Bank cheque made payable to the winner’s business account.
No alternatives or variations are offered and prizes are not transferable.
7 Judges will select a short list of 100 candidates (all of whom will be notified by post) from which 10 Semi Finalists will be chosen. The Judging Panel will then
select five National Finalists who will compete for the top prize of £20,000 and the title HSBC Unipreneur 2008. Applicants and Entrants must supply any
additional financial or other information requested, which may include audited accounts and/or a bank reference. Entrants consent to the disclosure of all
information provided by them to any party involved in assessing their entry which shall include, but which shall not be limited to, any of the parties listed at
15 below. In the event of non-availability of any of the Judging Panel, the remaining judges will make a decision, which will be final.
8. Semi Finalists (the Applicant) competing for the title Unipreneur 2008 will be required to attend an interview with the Judging Panel in London during week
commencing 31st March 2008. A maximum of two representatives of the Entrant may attend and standard class rail travel expenses within the UK, Isle of
Man and the Channel Islands will be reimbursed to attendees.
9. Five National Finalists will attend a Gala Reception at BAFTA, London, on the evening of Thursday 23rd April 2008 (or at such other location and such other
date as may be specified), where they will participate in a final judging session before a live audience, who will determine the outright winner, to be
announced that night. Standard class rail travel expenses for travel within the UK, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands will be reimbursed to, and
accommodation provided for, a maximum of four representatives per National Finalist to attend the Gala Reception.
10. The winner of the Unipreneur Awards competition will be the Entrant considered by the judging audience to be the most promising business. All judging
decisions are final and binding and no correspondence whatsoever will be entered into.
11. Any Applicant or Entrant submitting material in support of their entry is advised to submit copies and not originals. No responsibility or liability will be accepted
by any of the parties listed at 15 below for any entry material which is lost, damaged in any way or destroyed. Subject to this, all entry material submitted
will be available for collection from the Start-Up Stars Office, Aspect Communications, Stable Yard, 16 Balham Hill, London SW12 9EB between 1 and 30 May
2008. Please advise the Unipreneur Awards Office in writing, before the latter date, should you wish to arrange for collection. Thereafter all unclaimed entry
material will be destroyed.
12. The names and postal districts/counties of the Semi Finalists, together with a list of judges will be available upon written request from the Unipreneur Awards
office, Aspect Communications, Stable Yard, 16 Balham Hill, London SW12 9EB after 17th March 2008. Please enclose a stamped addressed envelope with
13. The parties listed at 15 below reserve the right to feature on any publicity or promotional material in any form the names and postal districts/counties of all
or any of the 100 short listed candidates. All Applicants and Entrants agree to participate without payment in any publicity surrounding the Unipreneur awards,
which may or may not be published or broadcast as a result.
14. All entries, and details contained within all entries including without limitation any videos or similar media, may be reproduced and used by Aspect
Communications Group Limited, HSBC Bank plc and The National Council for Graduate Entrepreneurship (NCGE) in any manner chosen without further
15. The promoter of the Unipreneur Awards is Aspect Communications Group Limited. The sponsor is HSBC Bank plc and the Unipreneur Awards are presented
in association with The National Council for Graduate Entrepreneurship (NCGE).
16. The promoter and the sponsor each reserve the right to vary, suspend or terminate the Unipreneur Awards at any time without compensation to any party.
17 The promotion and these Rules will be governed by English law and entrants and all other parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.