Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Draw to Win: Why drawing is your secret sales weapon

64,950 views

Published on

Visit http://www.danroam.com/draw-to-win and learn more about my newest book 'Draw to Win'
Like me on Facebook: http://facebook.com/danroamhq/
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/dan_roam

As a kid, I liked to draw. What kid doesn’t? I earned my first $5 drawing maps. I just kept going. Pictures help people understand. Which means pictures are a fabulous way to sell.

Published in: Sales

Draw to Win: Why drawing is your secret sales weapon

  1. 2016 © Dan Roam Digital Roam Inc. All rights reserved. Draw To Win on SlideShare 1 A special SlideShare excerpt from my new book: Why drawing is your secret sales weapon!
  2. 10 years, 10,000 pictures, 10 rules… 2016 © Dan Roam Digital Roam Inc. All rights reserved. Draw To Win on SlideShare 2 It’s been ten years since I wrote The Back of the Napkin. Since then, I’ve delivered 720 presentations and drawn more than 10,000 pictures. This little book shows you the ten most important lessons I have learned.
  3. 2016 © Dan Roam Digital Roam Inc. All rights reserved. Draw To Win Prelaunch Livecast 3 Here are the Ten Commandments:
  4. 2016 © Dan Roam Digital Roam Inc. All rights reserved. Draw To Win Prelaunch Livecast 4 In this SlideShare, I’m going to show you #7.
  5. As a kid, I liked to draw. Yes, this is me.
  6. What kid doesn’t?
  7. I earned my first $5 drawing maps. Yes, this is also me.
  8. I just kept going.
  9. Pictures help people understand.
  10. Which means pictures are a fabulous way to sell.
  11. Pictures didn’t just change my clients. Pictures made my career.
  12. Pictures can do the same for you. {Draw yourself here}
  13. Why draw to sell?
  14. What do the people who made these ads know?
  15. When you lead people’s eyes, their minds will follow.
  16. By drawing your idea* together, you create a mind-meld that can’t be generated any other way. *or the problem or the solution or the goal or the options, etc.
  17. What is selling?
  18. “You’ll be happier with this product.” “Dear, I think you should exercise more.” “Dad, can we go to Disneyland?” “Ma’am, I deserve a raise.” Anytime you’re trying to get someone to take a new action, you’re selling.
  19. Which means you are in sales. Maybe you don't hold the title of salesperson, but if the business you are in requires you to deal with people, you, my friend, are in sales. - Zig Ziglar
  20. The best way to visually sell?
  21. So… what picture should you draw?
  22. Q: What’s the oldest advertising play in the world?
  23. A: Before & After Q: What’s the oldest advertising play in the world?
  24. Show the solution. Draw the result. Show the situation. Draw the problem. Before & After
  25. Draw the change you both desire: A) Bend the line: Go from this... To this!
  26. Draw the change you both desire: B) Hit this number: Go from this... To this!
  27. Draw the change you both desire: C) Link these pieces: Go from this... To this!
  28. Draw the change you both desire: D) Eliminate these steps: Go from this... To this!
  29. Draw the change you both desire: E) Shift the focus: Go from this... To this!
  30. This mind-meld is a two-person task, so you will be sharing your pen.
  31. 75-25
  32. Or: Draw 75% of your picture in advance. Draw the remaining 25% together.
  33. Perception is reality. In sales, it's not what you say; it's how they perceive what you say. - Jeffrey Gitomer
  34. And perception is a picture.
  35. In sales, I’m trying to see it the way you see it.
  36. There are 9 more in here: 2016 © Dan Roam Digital Roam Inc. All rights reserved. Draw To Win on SlideShare 36 www.danroam.com/draw-to-win/

×