“Social media is an
- not the -
-Jay Baer, ConvinceAndConvert.com
“The purpose of my
website is __________
and social media will
assist me in
Who is your target audience?
• Current Customers (aka your CMOs)
• Prospective Customers
• Referral Sources
• Company Relationships
TRUST is Key
“When you are
trusted because you
care, it’s quite likely
the revenue will
take care of
itself.” - Seth Godin
...the Social Media implications...
• Trust takes ENGAGEMENT
• Trust takes CONVERSATION
• Trust takes TIME and EFFORT
• Trust takes COMMUNITY DEDICATION
• Trust takes COMPANY-WIDE BUY IN
• Trust takes TRANSPARENCY
• Trust takes THE RIGHT STRATEGY
What needs to happen?
• Effective Home Base (Website) Strategy
• Social Media Strategy
• Email Marketing Plan
• SEO Action Plan (local search, especially)
When do we post on social media?
• Facebook: At least once per day
• Preferably twice
• Twitter: Real-time… post away!
• Blog: Preferably 2x per week
• 4 new posts per month will do
Where should I be spending my time?
1. Your Website is your #1 investment.
• Blog / Landing Pages / CTAs
2. Social Media
3. Email Marketing
• Nurture / Add Value / CTAs
Why should you be doing this?
The “Why” behind your social
media and digital strategy
should be the same “Why”
behind your agency strategy
as a whole.
How do we tackle all of this?
• Dedicated team member(s) or outside
• It requires a lot more than your after-
thoughts or strategy leftovers
• Practically, How?
• Strategy Building | Strategy Implementation
Content Calendar | Content Publishing
Analytics Tracking | Campaign Management
• Your Website is your Home Base
• Social Media is a role player
• With the right “Who-What-Where-
When-Why-How Strategy”, social media
and digital marketing can serve your
agency very well.
• It’s time for a more mature approach to
• Become a Go-To Resource!