1) The first still is of our very first shot. It is a 10 second computer recording of Dan writing a Facebook status. We included this into our video as it is evidence o0f intertextuality. Also, most people watching the video would recognise and associate themselves with Facebook and so it is engaging the viewers instantly.
2) We used a close up of our main singer, Dan. He is the main focus of the video and the music group. To sell the artist, we used the point of focus which people would recognise us most from, which would be the main singer. The close- ups also help to create a brand and so whenever Orson is mentioned, it is linked with Dan.
3+4)This is two more examples of intertextuality endorsed in our musicvideo. We tried to make our music video as modern as possible soyounger viewers (our target audience) could relate to it. The first still isof the boys playing Xbox and the second is from texting a girl off aniPhone. Intertexuality is one of Goodwin’s six points and so we feel thatit is a main convention of any music video.
5) We tried to make as many clear links between the lyrics of the song and the visuals. For example, the song states “don’t bring no vodka, or whisky, we got everything you need”. So we went along with an alcohol themed video and a lot of clips like this one, show the boys drinking. This reflects the lyrics well and also adds a slightly humorous effect to the video.
6) When the characters of the music video are in their “nerdy” states, the shots are all in colour. However, when the boys are transformed into the “cooler guys” and are outside, the shots become black and white. This is to show the transition of their personalities, the location and also to symbolise their drunken state.
7) When making a music video, it is all about creating the right image and creating a star persona. As I mentioned earlier, Dan is the main focus of our group and so more of the camera will be on him. But we still included the other group members because the brand of “Orson” is a group and not an individual.
8) We used this image of Dan being drunk and passing out on the ground. This is extremely similar to the shot we used for the front cover of our digipak and so it creates a link between the two items; video and digipak.
9) – DIGIPAK This is the digipak that we created. As you can see, the front cover contains a shot of Dan drunk and passed out on the ground. This links to the video as this is what actually happens. Also, it is a similar shot to the previous still. We used quite a dark background theme as it reflected a night time environment; where parties and drunkenness usually occurs. The bottles of alcohol is another reference to the music video as most of it is based around a party and drinking. The colours have been altered to create a more interesting and funky vibe. This is because the outside covers are quite dark and boring and so when the customer opens the digipak, it creates a different aspect of the band which is colourful and exciting.
10) – MAGAZINE ADVERT The magazine advert is bold and loud, so it attracts readers. Again, the main focus of the band is Dan so he features heavily in the advert. The beer bottle in the background is another link to our music video. We also used the same text for all of our ancillary products and so the text becomes associated with our band.