LTU is located at 305,Wistona
Telephone number is (218) 257-2000
Email: Bulldog @latech.edu
The History of Louisiana Tech University began when the Industrial Institute and College
of Louisiana was founded in Ruston,la in 1894. The institute was founded to develop an
industrial economy in the state of Louisiana. Four years later, the school was renamed
the Louisiana Industrial Institute when Louisiana adopted the Constitution of 1898. When
the Constitution of 1921 was passed, the school changed its name again to Louisiana
Polytechnic Institute to reflect the school's evolution from a trade school into a larger
and broader technical institute. Although the university was informally called Louisiana
Tech for about five decades after the 1921 name change, it was not until 1970 when
Louisiana Polytechnic Institute officially changed its name toLouisiana Tech University.
Over the course of its history, the school grew from a small industrial institute with one
building to a university with five colleges and an enrollment of around 11,800 students.