Module 10: Search Engine Optimization
Daniel Downs Minuteman Summer
Web Design & Development 2013
Google Link To Info & Starter Guide
After reading the Google Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide answer the
following questions. Also, using the guide optimize your site for search by adding
title tags, meta descriptions, h1 tags which will optimize your site. The search
engine optimization starter guide is a PDF which is downloaded from the link above.
· What is search engine optimization?
· How do you incorporate it into your website?
· What tags and descriptions are important to add?
· Why are these words or descriptions important?
· Why do you think there is a certain recommended number of words for each area in which seo
· What strategies do you think that businesses use to improve search engine visibility(list 3)?
· Why are title tags important?
· What information is contained in the description meta-tag?
· What is a URL? Why is it important to search optimization?
· Do you think your navigation is optimized for search?
· What are two tools provided by Google to assist with SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in
a search engine's "natural" or un-paid ("organic") search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked
on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors
it will receive from the search engine's users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image
search, local search, video search, academic search,
news search and industry-specific vertical
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work, what people search for, the
actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines and which search engines are preferred by
their targeted audience. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content, HTML and associated
coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing
activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is
another SEO tactic.
The plural of the abbreviation SEO can also refer to "search engine optimizers," those who provide SEO