Marketing Plan Powerpoint
10 Step Marketing Plan Introduction Slide Includes
Photo Of Product(photoshop poster)
Slide 2: 5 Steps Of The Primary Target Market & Positioning
1. Indentify Primary Target Market
2. What do theWhat do the need?(NWE)
3. What are their choices?(competition,list of 5)
4. Where is the opportunity?(how is your product different or what will make it
5. How big is the market?(total market share)
Slide 3: 5 Steps For Part 2 (Marketing Mix & Strategy)
10.Generic Winning Strategy
Slide 4:Positioning to the Primary Target Market (Part 1)
Slide 5:My Primary Target Market Is?
2.Lifestyle(what they do)
Slide 6:My Primary Target Markets Needs,Wants,Expectations
Using Maslow’s chart explain why people need your product.
1.What are the needs?
2. What makes someone choose your product?
3.What does your primary target expect from your product?
Slide 7:Direct & Indirect Products that address my Primary Target Markets Needs, Wants
1.List your competitors products/brands(5 of them)
2.Determine the variables that affect the choice of product,brand(6 or 7)
Slide 8:Competitive Position Map
1. Determine the two most critical variables(example: age vs. brand and amount of
use vs. age)
1. Now make a position map plotting the different competitors. Your products need to be
differentiated by percent of market share. You can recreate the chart shown for toothpaste
which uses different color and sized circles.
Create the Matrix for your second variable here.
Slide 12: Identify the gap between customers and competiton
1. Where is the marketing opportunity?
2. What NEW’s are not being addressed?
3. What can be the unique selling proposition for the new product
(new or repositioned).(consider a “niche” market)
Slide 13:Estimate the market size using competitor data
1.Use news resources(cite sources and links)
2. Find a comparison of other market leaders and find how you think your product
can fit into the market.
Slide 14. Estimate Market Size Based On custromer data
1.usage per day or year
2. Usage per household
Slide 14: Conlcude market size for competitor and consumer data
Slide 15:Marketing Mix Strategy
Slide 16:Show a product shot
Your product and your competitors
With and without box as it looks in the store
All pack sizes and variants
Slide 17:Physical Description –Describe the physical
characteristics,specifications,attributes of product
Slide 18 Price
Get prices of your product
Creatively compare vs. competitors
Quantify % difference vs competitors
What do you propose to do for promotion
Slide 20 Competitor Promo
-Show also how your key competitors
And why your communication stands out
Slide 21: Place
Where is your product available
-nationwide or in key areas?
-method of delivery(to home,in stores,via,internet,orders)
Slide 22: What is your generic winning strategy?
-low cost producer
-supply and distribution leverage