Making A Basic App Layout & Actions In Flash
● File New>Choose Air for Android Blank Template (800pxX480 wide) Change document
properties if necesary.
Change background color on stage
● In Flash Create 4 layers. Give each a name(buttons,content,banner,pages,see video).
● Go out to Frame 100 select all frames down and insert a blank keyframe on all the
layers.(drag down and hold)
● On the pages layer insert a blank key frame evey 10 keyframes all the way to 100.(F6
● Name each blank keyframe area in the properties by adding the label Home,Page 1,Page
2,Page 3, etc.
● Insert a stop action on the first frame of all layers.(select
frames>window>actions>timeline navigation>stop at this frame(stops video at the
beginning of frames).
● Create a banner with the rectangle tool on the very first frame of the banner layer. This
banner will show across all pages.
● On the pages layer>home page(frame 1) Make 3 buttons on the home page(make one
and copy and paste others). These buttons will go to the other pages. Please see how
the rectangle corners can be adjusted in the rectangle options.
● Create a back button on the next 3 pages all the other pages. This button will bring us
back to home.
● Add Some Text To Tell The difference in pages.
● Testing Stop Action>Hit
● Lets Add actions to the buttons.
On the button layer add “page 1” “page 2” “page 3” text to each button.
● On each button select the button and text with the selection tool and choose modify
convert to symbol(F8) choose button. Click ok.
● Double click on the button and the button timeline opens.
Insert a keyframe(f6) on each frame then click back on the stage.
● Select the button and choose windows>actions>timeline actions>go to frame and
stop(choose frame of the page you want it to go to)
● Add actions to send button to first keyframe(homepage)
Add the actions to each button which sends the user to a specific keyframe.
● On each page on frame 1 add some text. Lets add different text to each page.
● Test Your App by choosing Control>Test Movie>Flash Launcher
● All Buttons Should work in between pages.
● Adding Text To A Page
● Adding an image to a page