Miguel –Cd Cover
Miguel – Marketing
and Social Media
Appeals to younger adults who
use social media such as twitter
Described as an experience
connotes the idea of a journey.
• Miguel identifies himself as part of the new wave of R&B artists that include Frank Ocean, The Weeknd and Elle Varner.
• Miguel incorporates R&B, funk, hip hop, rock and electronic
• But Miguel is letting his art rule his whole flow
• Miguel has said that Transcendental Meditation is the key to balancing his lifestyle
• Songs on his new album “wildheart” include “flesh” , “coffee” and “whats normal” anyway” .
• “creamy vocals”
• "This time it was like I finally want to have an identity as a tastemaker, as someone who's ahead of the curve, someone who's
intellectual, someone who's striving to push the boundaries, someone who's ever-growing and evolving, someone who's
open-minded," interview with rolling stones
• “too square to be a hood n****r … too out of touch to be in style … too far out for the in-crowd … I’m in a crowd and I feel
• His 2010 debut album marketed him as a slick, radio-friendly ladykiller, which didn’t quite fit with some of its weirder
moments. 2012’s Kaleidoscope Dream, meanwhile, was lumped in with the alt-R&B-playas-get-depressed-too aesthetic of
the Weeknd and Drake.
• soul-searching, craving, lusting, loving and evolving
• possesses narratives for mature audiences
“And everything about the tour is this kind
of new age psychedelic experience.”
Portrays Rock star image with funky
eclectic clothing, chains and tattoos
likening him to artists such Prince and
Ladies clothing –young females fashionable females
Beachwear - L.A beach lifestyle type
Leggings – loungewear people who chill go to yoga ect
Hip flask – young trendy people who like to go out and drink and partying – new wave bringing back hip flasks being sold urban outfitters ect