Ngày xưa, các thuyền buồm đi trên biển thường có trang bị nhũng cổ đại bác đặt trên các dàn có bánh xe để có thể di chuyển từ chỗ này sang chỗ khác khi cần. Các dàn đại bác này được buộc lại bằng dây thừng. Nhưng nếu giông bão nổi lên hay một trân giao tranh xảy ra thì dây thừng có thể đứt và cỗ đại bác lăn tù nơi này sang nơi khác rất nguy hiểm cho những người ở trên thuyền. Vì thế ta có thành ngữ Loose Cannon, gồm chữ Loose, đánh vần là L-O-O-S-E, nghĩa là lung lay hay lỏng lẻo, và Cannon, đánh vần là C-A-N-N-O-N, nghĩa là cỗ đại bác. Ngày nay thành ngữ Loose Cannon được dùng để chỉ một người nói năng hay hành động một cách bừa bãi làm hại đến người khác.
Week 16 virtual class describing personality
Welcome to virtual class!
L p h c s b t đ u trong ít phút n a.ớ ọ ẽ ắ ầ ữ
Khung gi h cờ ọ
Ca 1: 9h – 10h30
Ca 2: 14h – 15h30
Quy đ nh V-Classị
• H c viên chu n b headphone đ th cọ ẩ ị ể ự
• H c viên đ i tên theo c u trúc:ọ ổ ấ tên + họ
và có d u.ấ
Ví d : H ng Ph m, Th o Nguy nụ ư ạ ả ễ
www.daihoctructuyen.edu.vn E-mail: email@example.com
Virtual Class | Week 16
Adjectives to describe personality
generousintrovert/ shyextrovert/ outgoing selfish/ mean
Adjectives to describe personality
Idioms related to personality
Idiom Meaning Example
down-to-earth th c t , không vi n vôngự ế ể David's very arty and a bit of a dreamer - Ruth's much
more down-to-earth. I like her down-to-earth
approach to problem-solving.
a loose cannon ng i ăn nói không suy nghĩ,ườ
hành đ ng b a bãi làm nhộ ừ ả
h ng đ n ng i khácưở ế ườ
He's seen as a loose cannon by other team members. If
anyone's going to get into a fight, it'll be Pete.
as stubborn as a mule ngoan c , c ng đ u c ng cố ứ ầ ứ ổ You won't get him to change his mind - he's as
stubborn as a mule.
hard as nails c ng r n, tàn nh nứ ắ ẫ She'll be good in business - she's as hard as nails.
high and mighty vô cùng kiêu ng oạ They talk high and mighty, but they owe everyone in
a heart of gold ng i t t b ng, chu đáoườ ố ụ Jane is always willing to help people; she has a heart of
a couch potato ng i l i bi ng, dành nhi uườ ườ ế ề
th i gian xem ti viờ
My brother is such a couch potato. He just sits around
watching TV all day.
Complete the sentences.
1. A person who talks a lot is…
2. A person who likes giving presents is...
3. A person who never does any work is…
4. A person who makes people laugh is…
5. A person who is open and nice is…
6. A person who is nervous and uncomfortable meeting new people is…
7. A person who always thinks about themselves and not about other
people is …
8. A person who you can trust and depend on is…
9. A person who likes doing things on their own, without help is…
10. A person who thinks that someone loves another person more than
them or wants what other people have is …
What are you like?
• I think I am very hard-working. I always do all the homework
and I also help my mother with her housework.
• I am a very outgoing person but sometimes I can also be very
Talking about your character in past, present and
In the past, I was ……….. . Now, I am …………… . In the future, I hope to
In the past, I was gentle. Now, I’m smart. In the future I hope to be more intelligent.
When I was a child, my parents described me as ……….. . Now, my parents
think I am …………….. My parents hope I will be ………………….in the future.
When I was a child, my parents described me as naughty. Now, my parents think I am
shy. My parents hope I will be more outgoing and dynamic in the future.
Reading and speaking
My friend Rose is a very nice person. I like her
because she is friendly, warm and generous.
She’s not a very extroverted person. In fact, she’s
quite shy and quiet, but she’s really
understanding and sensitive. She’s never bad-
tempered. What I really love about her
personality is that she’s very discreet and
thoughtful. She’s never forgotten my birthday.
Describe your friend’s personality.
• A So, who is your best friend?
• B I guess that’s my friend Sara.
• A Tell me about her. What’s she like?
• B Oh, she’s great! She’s very funny. And she’s interesting to talk to.
• A Really?
• B Yes, she’s very outgoing and talkative.
• A And is she outgoing?
• B Oh, sure. That’s why I like her. The only thing is, she’s forgetful at
times. She’s not very reliable.
• A Yeah?
• B Yes. We have an appointment, and she’s late. That’s Sara!
See you next week