Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
• Why are we here.
• Mapping your strengths.
• Buckminster Fuller methods
• Bucky perspective
• Your impact system
• Lunch according to EAT
• Regenerative systems
• Nature connection bath - a walk
• Future visions
• Community building
We need to bridge the difference between 'it'
and 'us' and feel empowered to do something.
Because the changes are massive - and more
How can we deal with the future that seems to come?
• The fear and anxiety
• The lack of resources
• The differences between rich and poor
• The refugees
• The nation states vs global societies
Who will you be in the
shadow of the changes?
• The idea of the impact/Lief network
• In light of things, how can you change yourself and
your surroundings, how can you have the greatest
impact possible within your life time?
• Move from fear and anxiety to a source of POWER
Our ethical challenge
• What is your superpower? [5 mins on post-its]
• How can you help others the most? [5 mins on post-its]
• What can others help you with the most and help set free
your superpower? [5 mins on post-its]
Finding your strengths together!
• One of the earliest to think in systems as a designer and to think
regeneratively/sustainably - actively designing for limited resources: the
• Design Science - using science as a grounds for design. It is not merely
a method for building good design, but it is a way to understand our place
in the world, a certain pattern in Universe
• A Design Language he called Synergetics, a "language" describing how
any system functions - synergies such as the strength of the diodesic
Changing your thinking.
The two perspectives: Being the experiment and the scientist and
asking "How can I create the most impact as a single human?"
= activates the two systems in the brain: thinking fast and slow..
Lets think as him: the most impact possible!
Consider how your impact is part of a larger system.
Our impact in a system
Start with yourself, connect with society, connect that again with Nature.
Draw your current impact system
How do your
to certain areas
There are no wasted resources in a balanced nature.
Nature creates synergies and symbiosis - networks.
One system's waste is another system's gold :)
Think of the impact system you created before lunch - select an area you felt
inspired to change or improve
Nature connection bath
Go for a 30 min walk by yourself and ponder this:
"In 20 years from now - how have you created a balanced flow of resources
for yourself/ your community / your part of nature?"
Nature connection bath