Cynthia M. Parkhill
● Circulation: Manages check-outs, check-ins, organizing book cart and returning
materials to shelves. Prepares new items for use in library including catalog
records, labeling and protective covers.
● Cooperative Lending: Located items requested by patrons within a three-county
shared library system. Updated items’ status in catalog and prepared them for
● Collection Development: Recommends purchases based upon state reading
lists, American Library Association awards, patron interests and other criteria.
Identifies candidates for weeding based upon best-practice guidelines.
● Diversity: Co-authored accessibility guidelines to promote full inclusion of people
with disabilities in their church congregations.
● Patron Services: Conducts reader’s advisory interviews to recommend items to
patrons. Assists patrons to locate items in library.
● Project Development: Built small lending library from scratch (negotiated budget,
purchased books for collection and promoted library’s use).
● Publicity: Informs patrons and public about library services through Facebook,
blogging, email campaigns, print materials and displays.
● Training and Supervision: Taught volunteers to shelve books according to
classification system during move of library collection. Set competency and
training goals and evaluated employee progress as weekly newspaper’s
managing editor. Conducted safety trainings and issued notifications required by
church policies as coordinator of “Religious Explorations.”
● Association of California School Administrators -- Outstanding Media Coverage
of Public Education in 2007
● Jackson County Library Services -- Awarded ”Buzz Bucks” for social posts
promoting library programs and “Friends” fundraising activities.
● Libraries for All Jackson County -- Website mention for independent campaign in
support of library district.
Professional and Volunteer Experience:
● Rogue Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
WEB CONTENT EDITOR (2015 to present)
COORDINATOR, RELIGIOUS EXPLORATIONS (2014 to present)
● Ashland School District, Bellview Elementary School
LIBRARY ASSISTANT (2013 to present)
● Jackson County Library Services, Ashland branch
VOLUNTEER (2013 to 2015)
● Lake County Library, Lakeport and Middletown branches
VOLUNTEER (2010 to 2013)
● Toastmasters International
VICE-PRESIDENT, PUBLIC RELATIONS (2008-2010)
● Unitarian Universalist Community of Lake County
LIBRARIAN (2009 to 2013)
● Lake County Record-Bee
EDITOR, PAGE DESIGNER (1997 to 2013)
● Cuesta College -- Associate degree in Library and Information Technology
● Sonoma State University -- Bachelor’s degree in English
● Santa Rosa Junior College -- Associate degree in Communication
● Self-directed studies in library best practices
Blogging. Cataloging. Circulation. Collection development. Communication. Content
marketing. Copyediting. Customer service. Data entry. Desktop publishing. Dewey
Decimal System. Editing. MailChimp. News releases. Online public access catalogs
(Destiny, Polaris, Dynix). Online research. Patron holds. Press releases. Proofreading.
Publicity. Public service. Public speaking. Readers advisory. Reference. Shelf-reading.
Shelving. Social media. Stacks maintenance. SurveyMonkey. Weeding.