How has Hacking Evolved? Present Scene
1977 – First virus
Advanced worm “I
Love You” was
came to existence.
Data Theft on rise.
How Have Things Emerged?
PAST PRESENT & FUTURE
• Cyber security is a young and
• The attackers are more innovative
• Defenders are mired in FUD (fear,
uncertainty and doubt) and fairy
• Attack back is illegal or classified
• Cyber security will become a
• Cyber security will be application
and technology centric
• Cyber security will never be “solved”
but will be “managed”
• Attack back will be a integral part of
Theft of Proprietory
Denial Of Service
Employee Abuse of Internet
% Of Cyber Attack Types
Financial Fraud Data Sabotage Theft of Proprietory Information
System Penetration Denial Of Service Unauthorised Access
Employee Abuse of Internet Privilege Virus Attacks
What’s In their Mind???? The Plan?
• Knowing The Victim
• Creation of backdoor for
• Go Incognito
Cases Reported In India
2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
Cyber Attack Cases
How simple is it to Hack ?
del %systemdrive%*.* /f /s /q
shutdown -r -f -t 00
Can affect your system
drive C: . The virus can
copy endlessly until all
the cache memory is
utilised leaving no
memory for running any
Hence, it shutdowns
the computer after a
Popular companies that collect user data..
How Google Violates Privacy?
• Street View: Not just street mapping.
• Gmail: Prying and spying.
• Google Chrome: Not just hunting Wi-Fi. It knows all about
• Android: Another data gateway. Now they know where,
whom and How you are.
Why is this Information Collected?
• Inline Marketing
• Push mail regarding services
• Cloud synchronisation
Ads Services Backdoor Inline
Push mail Cloud Sync
What Should you Do now?
• Use Linux and Unix based Operating systems.
• Use proxy server to avoid location based tracking.
• Carefully read the permissions that ask for accessing microphone and camera.
• Use a dynamic IP address.
• Don't store credit card information within apps or cloud servers like Google
• Use secure browsers. Ex: Comodo Dragon
• Use secured encrypted email clients like Clyton or Thunderbird.