Anatomy of a Renewable EnergyWorkshop for Property OwnersChris Williams - HeatSpring Learning Institutecwilliams@heatspring.com800 393 2044 ex 44.Date
The Theory Behind a Workshop✤ Provide USEFUL information that bring customers to you. Talk about thing THEY about. Not yourself, or your company.✤ Efﬁcient marketing process - can educate and qualify 30 leads into 5 potential customers in 30 minutes.✤ Establish a relationship with leads where they like and trust you, a key in sales processes✤ Create an artifact that is “sharable” among friends.
Themes to Remember✤ 20 - 30 minutes✤ What the audience will understand -- be very clear and concise. People want to know EXACTLY what they will walk away with✤ Outline the content and approximate time✤ Establish credibility ✤ Both personal and businesses ✤
What you want people leaving theworkshop to think✤ “That was really useful!”✤ “Wow, he knows his stuff”✤ “I trust him, I like him”✤ “I can’t invest now, but I’ll remember this in the future”✤ There are a few themes you want to impress on people. You want them to like you, respect you, trust you, and see you as a source of information for anything related to renewable energy
What you (the homeowner) willtakeaway from the workshop✤ Where you can invest in your home and how it can improve comfort, durability, and your ﬁnancial condition✤ How each renewable energy technology works, and how we integrate into your home✤ Which houses, and property owners are best suited.✤ The positives and negative of investing in each technology✤ How to take advantage of government incentives.✤ What you can do next if you’re interested in investing in renewables
Outline of time✤ My Story - 4 minutes✤ Problems and Opportunities - 7 minutes✤ Solutions and Technologies - 10 minutes✤ Beneﬁts and Downsides to you - 3 minutes✤ Government Incentives - 4 minutes✤ Next Steps - 1 minutes✤ Q+A - How many questions do you have?
My Story✤ Personal - What have you done that will make them trust YOU? ✤ Hands on experience? Design experience? ✤ Education Training? ✤ Past work experience?✤ Business - What has your business done that will make them trust YOU? ✤ Are you expanding a business? Starting a new one? Why should they trust you
1. Problems and Opportunities✤ Brief History of Maine construction - Establish you know the area really well✤ Cost - How much they’re spending on energy in their home✤ Comfort - How energy issues affect comfort, mainly air leaking✤ Durability - How poor construction, insulation can lead to mold and other issues that decrease the durability of the structure
2. Solutions and Technology✤ Outline each solution and the technology that deals with these issues✤ Cost ✤ Geothermal, Solar PV, Solar Thermal✤ Comfort ✤ Geothermal, Energy Audit - Addresses air leaks✤ Durability ✤ Energy Audit - Address mold, structural, and insulation issues✤ What you can easily do yourself to save money and increase comfort
3. Benefits and downsides to you✤ Beneﬁts ✤ Downsides✤ Financial - List speciﬁcs for ✤ Cash Investment - Do you each tech have cash? What gov’t money?✤ Comfort - HUGE difference, especially in old houses ✤ Construction Happening in your house✤ Durability - Mold?
4. Government Incentives✤ Explain what they are, and how to take advantage✤ Federal ✤ 30 % ITC ✤ Bonus Depreciation✤ State ✤ Solar Rebates: Solar PV up to $2k, Solar Thermal up to 1k ✤ Home Energy Savings Plan. 30% project costs, up to 1.5k. For efﬁciecny + solar thermal ✤ PACE - Up to $15k at 4.99% ﬁxed interest rate (res) ✤ New Generation Energy Comm Solar Lending - Up to $100k at 0 to 5% interest (comm) ✤ Small Business Loan Program - 90% of cost up to $35,000. 1% interest
5. Next Steps✤ Provide CRYSTAL CLEAR next steps✤ Best Candidates for investing in their homes ✤ Own their home, planning on staying for 20 years ✤ Have tax appetite - Gov’t based on tax credits ✤ Have cash and are looking for solid investment with little risk ✤ Old house that is uncomfortable and inefﬁcient ✤ Going to be replacing equipment soon anyway✤ Call a contractor you trust that does work -> site visit -> proposal -> go from there. If you want to site visit with us --> link✤
Questions and Answer?✤ Chris Williams [photo]✤ Phone✤ Email✤ Address✤ Website