I. What is zigbee
II. Difference between zigbee with othere WSN .
What is ZigBee?
Technological Standard Created for Control and
Based on the IEEE 802.15.4 Standard
Created by the ZigBee Alliance
• Zigbee touches the kinetic world more than any other wirless
•Wifi does not control water spill gate at dam
•Bluetooth does not control lighting ,HVAC and application in
your office or home.
•Manupulating the physical world through wirless introduces
•Many of the past mistake is repeat again.
ZigBee and Other Wireless Technologies
ZigBee Aims Low
Low data rate
Low power consumption
Small packet devices
• This is the device that “starts” a ZigBee network.
• It is the first device on the network.
• The coordinator node chooses a channel and a
network identifier ( also called PAN ID ) and then
starts the network.
• A Router performs functions for
(i) allowing other devices to join the network
(ii) multi-hop routing
(iii) End Device
• An end-device has no specific responsibility for
maintaining the network
infrastructure, so it can sleep and wake up as it
• Thus it can be a battery-powered node.
• Generally, the memory requirements (especially
RAM requirements) are lower for an end-device.