Top 5 College Hacks!
How to hack your college expenses
1. Graduate in 4 Years
• Take your core courses
• Look into online courses if you
are behind in credits!
• Check course availability online
with services like StraighterLine
2. Don’t Buy, Rent Your Books!
• Buying your textbooks can be
• Wait to buy until your professor
tells you what is required and
what is not
• Check out Amazon, Chegg or
Boundless for a less expensive
way to rent your books!
3. Buy Supplies In Bulk
Amazon Prime is also an excellent option
• Free 2-day shipping on most items for
a yearly subscription of just $39!
BJ’s, Costco, Target etc. are also great
places to buy in bulk and save
Stack up before each semester to avoid the
inconvenience of your time and wallet
4. Take Advantage of Promo Codes,
Discounts and Rewards Points
• Use coupon services like Groupon,
LivingSocial, Woot and ShopKick
when possible to save on products,
• Make sure to share your deals with
friends to increase your rewards!
5. Consolidate Your Student Loans
• 60% of students take out student
loans - you’re in the majority if you do!
• After graduating, you can consolidate
your student loans into one monthly
• This rate can potentially be lower than
your original rate and could save you
thousands on interest!