The Skirt Weight is a thin, pin-like attachment
that slips effortlessly through fabric.
◦ The thin needle will leave no holes in clothing.
Accessorized with Swarovski crystal creations.
◦ These crystal creations will be able to keep the skirt
down in the wind and add some glam to your outfit!
The pin and weight are made out of Sterling
Silver with a fineness of 925 parts per
The decorative creation can be clipped on and
off of the product is made from various
metals and distinguished Swarovski Crystal.
◦ The two are separately manufactured and brought
together in the packaging process
Culture is the shared meanings, beliefs, moral
values and customs of a group of people
The culture of our product we are selling to is
American woman who are widely known to
buy products to accent their style.
The skirt weight will constitute a very
professional product not to cause workplace
◦ Except Jealousy!
The targeted Demographic is gender
The generational cohort being targeted is
Generation X and Y.
◦ Generation X has spending power and convenience
◦ Generation Y is similar and enjoy easy access with
the constant availability of the internet.
Distinguishing between the Income and
The product is an unsought luxury good.
◦ Singling out specific income and education levels
could risk leaving out less affluent classes.
Even those in the lower classes purchase
items like these to stand out, look better, and
Social Trends can directly effect how Skirt
Weights performs in the market.
◦ America is moving towards budgeted approach
◦ Skirt Weight will have challenges.
Value must be added with product and price.
◦ Clip will be made from post-consumer recycled
material. Go Green!
America is a time-poor society.
Advertising to this society will include the
◦ This gives consumers quick and ample time to see
and purchase product.
Advertising will not be used in the mass
media of T.V advertising.
◦ The market we are trying to reach is a specific
We will be using our existing information of
◦ We can see who has purchased similar Swarovski
◦ With this group determined we could market
directly through outlets such as e-mail.
Most currencies are valued higher than the
◦ This attracts international tourism interest.
Interest rates have been substantially lower
than in the past.
◦ Consumers are more likely to save money.
◦ This causes a problem for a luxury good.
Skirt Weights will not be affected by the
◦ Not marketing towards kids, over the telephone, or
through illegal channels.
◦ Swarovski is in a market with competitors so
becoming a monopoly is no option.
Advertising used will be held to fullest extent
of integrity and not to mislead.
The target market for this luxury good is
going to be middle to upper class women and
◦ This product will help make a fashion statement.
◦ And to feel comfortable in any position they are
Swarovski has identified three different
segments that could be possibly marketed to
with different products.
We intend to have a design set to market to
each of the three segments
◦ The segments are closely identified as potential
buyers of the product and represent who we feel
might be a profitable segments.
Swarovski identified two segments to be most
◦ Working woman and the college and high school
◦ They represent the women who have the funds and
will buy an unsought luxury product.
Working women would be able to wear the
product in and around the office.
◦ Professional and shows flash!
◦ The weight provides a function to skirts and
dresses, and has the ability to match and
accessorize your jewelry and outfit.
This segment could be considered the girl
who is going out to bars and going to
football game tailgates often.
◦ The high winds at stadiums during tailgates leave
women wanting to keep dresses and skirts down!
Skirt Weights and Swarovski’s crystals provide
the option to match your outfits and team
colors for any event
High School and College Girls
◦ Positioned in this market we market college-
colored attachments and flashy appeal.
◦ Advertise in magazines such as Cosmopolitan,
Seventeen, and People Magazine.
These ad’s will feature the product as classy and need
to have item to fit the next trend.
◦ Business woman will be targeted through
magazines and news sources such as;
New York Times
Vogue Business Edition
◦ This is to emphasize how the crystals and design
will make your outfit substantially better.
The Marketing Mix describes our Four P’s to
success and maximum profit.
The four elements will solidify profitable
Will be made from quality sterling silver
material and the beautiful topaz gem
Swarovski is famous for.
◦ Differentiated designs for each of the target
segments will be developed.
The Skirt Weight is a multi-function piece of
holding your skirt down to avoid
embarrassing moments and looking
fashionable while doing so.
Working Class Women
◦ Product will be more geared towards
◦ Skirt Weight will flow with their outfit and not stand
out to much.
College and High School Girls
◦ Product designed to match jewelry, college colors
and sports teams, and flavor to outfit.
◦ Add value in fashion and to keep skirts down
during long dates and outdoor tailgates.
The overall sacrifice a consumer is willing to
make for a product or service
We must consider the Five C’s of Pricing;
◦ Company Objectives
◦ Channel Members
The objective is to design a product that
creates value for the consumer to meet
fashion and function needs and spread joy.
We will take a Customer Orientated approach.
◦ There are two ways to do so
Focus on satisfaction by setting prices to match
Lower overall price to increase value.
We will set prices to match expectations for
our luxury product.
When creating value for customers, price is
half of the value equation.
Demand Curves help determine the level of
demand at given prices for certain products
◦ New product has no past data to analyze
◦ We know that as price increases, demand drops and
as price decreases, demand raises.
Skirt Weights are a mix of a luxury product
and provides function to clothing.
◦ Establish a price that maintains high status but still
Little outside factors influence because it is a
◦ Our product could be considered a complimentary
good to skirts and flowing dresses.
All fixed and variable costs are considered in
We can not conclude final rice solely based on
◦ Consumers need to perceive value.
◦ Price is set upon considering these costs we incur,
provided value, and profitability.
Gem Cutting Machine 8,000.00$
Utility Expense 2,000.00$
Adminstrative Salary 100,000.00$
Total Fixed 128,000.00$
Labor Per Unit 20.00$
Topaz Per Unit 16.80$
Silver Per Unit 96.39$
Variable Per Unit 133.40$
A break-even analysis considers the
relationship between cost, price, revenue, and
profit at different levels of production and
◦ A problem is not being able to indicate level of
We examined our break-even point in units
ranging from $140.00 per unit up to $180.00
Price Per Unit Contribution Margin Break Even Units
140.00$ 6.60$ 19383
145.00$ 11.60$ 11031
150.00$ 16.60$ 7709
155.00$ 21.60$ 5925
160.00$ 26.60$ 4811
165.00$ 31.60$ 4050
170.00$ 36.60$ 3497
175.00$ 41.60$ 3077
180.00$ 46.60$ 2747
Focus on effect and how competitors react to
our pricing strategies.
◦ Many firms in the market for clothing accessories
◦ Product is highly differentiated.
◦ Other products can not be viewed as a perfect
substitute to the Skirt Weight.
Manufacturers, Retailers and Wholesalers.
◦ Communication is vital to avoid conflict.
Consumer impression of the brand is at a
high in the value from the point of
manufacturing to retailer
◦ Prices must be established and honored.
◦ Retailers marking prices lower then manufacturer
recommended could adversely effect consumer
Convenience is a key ingredient to success
Placement of the product is judged by the
◦ Where they live, and spend their free time is
valuable to the success of a product.
◦ Also used to determine where advertisements
should be placed and the retail stores to be sold in.
Advertisements will be located online at
certain websites and on certain T.V channels.
◦ The internet is a global entity with reach past that
of the T.V.
◦ Television ads will be sought after for their viral
◦ Specific Networks
Home and Garden Television
HGTV is an American based network owned
by Scripps Network Interactive.
◦ 98,229,000 or 86.01% of American households
◦ HGTV continues to be the #1 market for upscale
and classy woman.
An American company owned by Scripps
Network Interactive and Tribune Cable
◦ 99,283,000 or 86.94% households receive Food
◦ 65% of the Food Network’s audience is women.
◦ The network states their target audience is women
ages 25 to 54.
Our advertisements will point to the stores
that are easily accessible to the target
Advertisements will inform the consumer of
where to purchase the product.
◦ Specific Retailers include:
QVC T.V sales
QVC is an American home shopping network
that is created to advertise products to sell on
◦ QVC’s target market is women ages 35 and older
who love to shop.
Products pay for airtime on the network.
◦ QVC sales come directly from airtime and make
◦ Also provide online product viewing and purchase.
Multiple outlets in different malls and
shopping centers throughout the country.
◦ Positioning in the store is vital to inspire interest
Sales Representatives in the store are able to
discuss the product and inform consumers.
To get people to understand the product and
promote value, there will be 3 different types
◦ Celebrity Endorsements
◦ Personal Selling
◦ In-Store Advertisements.
Celebrity Endorsements will be a main
promotion aspect that creates value.
◦ Recruitment of classy, hard working public figures
to wear Skirt Weights.
Red Carpet opportunities provide personal
exposure from specific sources.
◦ The Academy Awards is the biggest annual, non-
football viewed event in U.S. television.
Our Swarovski stores will use a combination
of in-store advertising with personal selling.
◦ Employees will be well informed on product and
how it works to ensure consumers who enter the
store are aware of the Skirt Weights value.
◦ Advertising using posters and sign throughout the
store and windows will have solid exposure in the
Willing and Able Consumers
Determined by the number of women in our
target market that are willing and able to buy
the luxury Skirt Weight.
Willing and able consumers have the money
and desire to buy a luxury unsought good.
◦ 48 million women employed full time in the U.S
◦ Swarovski projected 40% are willing and able.
◦ This is about 19.2 million woman willing and able.
Projected Sales Chart
Market Segments ability and
willingness to purchase a Skirt
The Skirt Weight is a product who has a high
◦ 50% of the women in our willing and able category
purchase a Skirt Weight.
◦ The price set at $x.xx would equate a revenue of
◦ Subtracting costs, the profit would be $x.xx