Case studies in Lymphomas
• 52yo, F. complains of painless enlarging lumps in both axilla for the
• She has weakness and dry cough since one month
• Chest radiograph reveled 1cm mass with irregular margins in the
right lower lung lobe
• CT failed to show any cavitation / calcification in the mass
• There is no hilar / mediastinal lymphadenopathy
• Local examination: Right axilla – matted lymphnodes meauring 5cm
in diameter. Left axilla – 4 discreet firm lymphnodes. There are two
discreet lymphnodes in the left upper cervical region
• There is no organomegaly
• CBC was normal
• ESR 80mm at the end of 1st hour
• FNAC of lung nodule was performed
• What are your findings in the x-ray chest
• Describe the cytology smears
• Describe the gross appearance of lymphjnode
• What are the findings in histology of
• What is your diagnosis?
• 40yo, F. presented with h/o gastritis since
• Recently she started to have persistent pain
• Upper GI Endoscopy is given in the next image
• A gastric biopsy was done
Endoscopic view of different regions of
Closer view of gastric biopsy
• Describe the endoscopic findings ?
• What is shown in the gastric biopsy?
• What further test you want to do?
• If it is single lesion what is the usual mode of
• 5yo, African girl
• Describe the clinical image
• What do your think of x-ray findings? Is it
malignant or benign?
• Describe the FNAC smear
• What are your findings in biopsy?
• What further test your do confirm your
• 70yo, M. was evaluated for weakness
• o/e Patient had generalized non tender
• CBC was done
• What are abnormal findings in the CBC
• Describe the peripheral blood smear?
• Describe the lymphnode biopsy. What those
arrows pointing to?
• What are your findings in BM biopsy?
• What is the nature of this lesion?
Case-5 Can this be Hodgkin’s
Case-6 Give your findings and DDs
What is your most
Based on what