How to leverage linked in in your sales & marketing plans for ellevate
How to Leverage LinkedIn in
Your Sales & Marketing Plans
A Presentation for the Ellevate Membership
LinkedIn Member Stats
• 400 Million members worldwide – 30% in U.S.
• 46% have a 4 year college degree or higher
• 21% have a household income of $75,000 or higher
• 41% of those U.S. internet users with incomes in excess of $75,000 say
they use LinkedIn
• 41% of people worth at least $1M say they use LinkedIn
• 48% of LinkedIn members have some form of a decision-making position.
9% of people in a decision-making role list themselves as the owner of
their own business.
• People aged 30-49 are the most likely to use LinkedIn, with 32% of
internet users being active. Next is the 50-64 age demographic, with 26%
of internet users being active on LinkedIn.
A Disconcerting Stat
The average number of
connections for US women on
Women = 40-45% of membership
Advanced Search Uses
• Finding new Prospects
• Finding hiring manager at potential Employers
• Finding connections into a potential Employer
• Finding new vendors or suppliers of services for business
• Finding service providers for personal
• Finding potential sponsors for nonprofits
• Finding how you’re connected to potential major donors
• FINDING ANY TYPE OF PERSON YOU WANT FOR ANY REASON!
Sophisticated Search Variables
• IN TITLE: training OR sales OR marketing OR recruitment OR development OR
CEO OR CFO OR CMO OR CIO OR "social media" OR Chief OR advisory
• RELATIONSHIP: 2nd Connections
• LOCATION: United States or Canada
• INDUSTRY: Financial Services OR Investment Management
• SENIORITY: Director or VP or Manager OR CXO
• CURRENT COMPANY: “Ameriprise Financial Services” OR “Northwestern
Mutual” OR MassMutual OR LPL OR “Lincoln Financial Group” OR Voya OR
“Raymond James” OR “Securities America” OR “Cambridge Investment
Research” OR “Waddell & Reed” OR NFP OR AXA OR “SagePoint Financial”
OR “HD Vest Financial Services” OR “PRINCOR FINANCIAL SERVICES” OR
“Royal Alliance Financial Services” OR Commonwealth
LinkedIn Ninja Lead Generation System
• Respond to every invitation to connect – Not target market, ask why;
Target market accept and follow up with thank you
• Develop Advanced Search for target market. View profiles of target
market every day. If they look back, invite them to connect.
• Focus Search Results on 2nd Degree. Invite target market to connect.
• Identify Connections who are COIs to target market. Look for their
Connections who are target market and invite to connect.
• Follow up, follow up, follow up thank you to every new connection.
• Regularly send “check up” messages to target market connections.
Branding and Marketing to Grow Business that is Harvested Later
• Don’t just follow LinkedIn
• Think strategically about
what each section could
be used for
• Use Media
• Your Headline is not your
• It’s never “finished”
• Complete article publishing platform for articles that any member can
• Includes ability to format text, add images, add videos, and most of
what you could do on a blog
• Articles have sharing capabilities beyond LinkedIn
• Articles can be elevated by LinkedIn editors to increase visibility
• Articles can be found by those you don’t know through an independent
• Readers can comment
• Readers can follow your content WITHOUT connecting with you