Guide to Greening
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Responsibility.
Why Go Green?
• It’s the right thing to do. As corporate leaders, we are responsible for the impact
our organizations have on the world
• Demonstrating good corporate citizenship improves your image with
Employees, Community, Clients and Shareholders
• Shows the progressive nature of your thinking and your business practices
• Increases employee productivity and retention rates by providing a workplace
that people feel good about
• Going Green will save you money
• Remember to shut down computers, printers and other electronics when not in
use; use a power strip. Unplug chargers when not in use. Review your
computer’s energy settings
• When replacing computers, consider switching to laptops which use less energy
• Calibrate thermostats and use timers to optimize energy consumption.
• Reduce water usage by turning water off when not in use, installing low-ﬂow
faucets, notify landscapers that water conservation is important
• Encourage employees to carpool when possible to cut fuel costs and dangerous
• Create a paperless ofﬁce by storing all documents electronically. Think before
The less you use, the less you spend,
the smaller your carbon footprint!
• Supply employees with water coolers and reusable drink ware to reduce the
amount of plastic bottle waste and disposal costs
• Use ceramic or travel mugs for your daily cup of coffee
• Encourage the use of reusable lunch totes to reduce paper and plastic bag trash
• Repair, sell or donate used electronics. Purchase refurbished computers and
electronics to save on technology costs
• Reuse all packing materials in future shipments
• Use USB drives for document storage and distribution
Keep landﬁlls emptier and costs down!
• Start a company wide recycling program by educating employees
• Place recycling bins for paper next to all printers
• Create recycling stations at multiple locations throughout the company for
glass, plastic and aluminum
• Employ the services of a waste removal company that recycles
• Promote the beneﬁts of recycling in company newsletters and on bulletin
One of the best ways to
keep the landﬁlls emptier!
• Responsible Disposal - after reducing, reusing and recycling all the materials
you can, insure that your waste hauler is disposing responsibly
• Avoid ﬁnes by being environmentally compliant
• Contribute to keeping tax rates down by preventing the costly construction of
• Responsible products -93% of Americans believe companies have a
responsibility to preserve the environment evaluate the entire life cycle of your
product and the impact it has on the environment
• Evaluate the entire life cycle of your product and the impact it has on the
• Provide a great opportunity to show consumers your commitment to the
Responsible business is smart business.
Stay ahead of the competition.
How We Can Help
• Our business is to promote ideas and programs
• Green has become an important part of business
• We can help you implement your green initiatives by providing ideas, resources
• We offer a wide selection of eco-friendly promotional products that enable
companies to achieve their green goals
Products with purpose!
Promote your organization with products that reﬂect your
commitment to social and environmental responsibility!
• Fuel consumption awareness: Tire pressure • Internal program exposure: Recycled lanyards &
• Community & internal awareness: Organic or • Recycling awareness: Recycled journals that include
recycled shirts and hats recycling guides
• Paper cup & styrofoam waste reduction: • Promote purchasing recycled products: Stickie Notes
Reusable ceramic & recycled travel mugs
• Green desk item: Solar calculators
• Water bottle reduction: Reusable, recyclable
• Employee health & well being: Stock kitchen areas
with organic coffees, teas and snacks
• Reduce paper & plastic food waste: Recycled
lunch bags & reusable food containers
• Print reduction: Store & distribute documents on
USB ﬂash drives
• Battery reduction & disposal awareness: Crank
• Company store responsibility: Offer reusable,
recycled shopping totes for employees
• Charging accessories: Solar charges &
• Employee Awards: Reward employees with eco-
friendly recognition with awards made from
Take the Pledge!
Use Our Green Pledge to
Get Your Employees Involved!
Print it on recycled shopping totes, reusable water bottles,
ceramic mugs, and organic or recycled t’s.