Introduction of the World Summit Award(WSA 2013)Internet Professional AssociationVice PresidentMr Alex Hunghungalex@gmail.comNational Expert, WSACEO, Crossover International7 May 2013
• iProA, a non-profit making professionalorganization founded in 1999, is dedicatedto the bridging of digital divide insociety, and advancing the art & scienceand proper application of Internettechnology.• We participated in United Nations’ World Summit of theInformation Society (WSIS). We were appointed to the ExpertsPanel of United Nations’ World Summit Award (WSA) as well asserved in the Grand Jury representing Hong Kong and China. Wewere also appointed as a member of the WSA Board of Directors.• For the "2006-2013 Hong Kong Information and CommunicationsTechnology Awards" which is strongly supported by the HKSARGovernment, we are the organizer of the "Best Innovation &Research Award".
About WSA Mobile and WSAThe World Summit Award (WSA) was initiatedby Austria in 2003 in the framework of theUnited Nations World Summit on theInformation Society (WSIS). WSA is a globalactivity to select and promote the worlds beste-Content and most innovative ICTapplications. It offers a worldwide platform forall who value the creative use of ICTs and whoare committed to making today’s informationsociety more inclusive.From health to business, from participation toinclusion: there are 8 categories reflect mostcrucial social issues of every-day life around theglobe, they will select 5 winning entries fromeach category.
• Video Clips of WSA Mobile 2013 introduction• http://goo.gl/Z9esI• Or• http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTQyNzg5Mzk2.html
• Video Clips of WSA Mobile 2013 – award ceremonyand conference in Abu Dhabi• http://goo.gl/wbLPQOr• http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTQyNzk5ODA4.html
About WSA Mobile and WSA• The aims of the contest are to select andpromote the world’s best e-contents andapplications. It adopts the bridging of digitaldivide and narrowing of content gap as itsoverall goal. This contest is on the worldwidebasis and it is anticipated to have over 168countries to apply and be nominated.Meanwhile, the applications will be evaluatedby the Grand Jury formed with nationalexperts from more than 100 countries.• iProA has been WSA’s official China partnersince 2003.
Winners of the 2012 World Summit Award Mobile• World Summit Award Mobile is a major event of the IT sector, theextremely popular "Angry Birds" is also one of the past winning entries.• Up to 435 entries come from 102 countries and regions. The winners areselected by more than 30 countries’ experts. The entries from Hong Kongget record-breaking 3 awards last year. Vice President of iProA Mr. AlexHung, as a National Expert to nominate the following winning entries, areglad to see that and said “The quality and utilization of mobile network inHong Kong are very high. As an international city and having a closerelationship with Mainland China, Hong Kong is a great test bed to readyfor entering the huge market of Mainland China and even theinternational market. Therefore, Hong Kongs works are full of greatpossibilities. And this competition also shows that the mobile Internet andapplications in Hong Kong has been certainly all over the world.”• Hong Kong’s winning entries include:– “iButterfly” of Cherrypicks and Media Palette;– “Towngas” of Hong Kong and China Gas Company Limited; and– “Maestro Digital Publishing Suite” of Pulse Mediatech Limited
About WSA Mobile and WSA2011• e-Health and Environment – Beijing Traditional Chinese MedicineDigital Museum by Beijing Administration of Traditional ChineseMedicine,• e-Learning and Education – Technology and Civilization in AncientChina2009• e-Science and Technology – Fossil Web by Nanging Institute ofGeology and paleontology, CASPopular• e-Business and Commerce – Aweb
About WSA Mobile and WSA2007• e-Business and Commerce – one-stop trustede-biz marketplace “digitalcopyright.hk” byHong Kong Cyberport Management CompanyLimited• e-Science and Technology – China DigitalScience and Technology Museum byDepartment of Science Popularization - ChinaAssociation for Science and Technology.• e-Entertainment and Games – digitalpublishing and content distribution platformXplus
About WSA Mobile and WSA2005• e-Science and Technology – “Virtual ScienceMuseums of China”• e-Business and Commerce – “TianfuAgriculture Information Network”2003• e-Science and Technology – AgriculturalExpert System in China by Chinese Ministry ofScience and Technology initiated theAgricultural Expert Systems within the NationalHigh-Tech R&D Program of China (863 plan)
1. e-Government & Open Data• Delivering content rich solutions from administrations to the publicincluding individuals, businesses and organisations and to significantlyimprove service depth and quality as well as democratic processes;strengthening public policies, fostering efficiency of informationexchange, increasing transparency and facilitating participation ofcitizens and public services clients; using public access to data forinnovative products and services on a commercial or non-commercialbasis.2. e-Health & Environment• Using content and innovative applications to meet the health care needsof citizens and patients, supporting healthcare professionals andhealthcare providers, as well as the broader public and policy makers;implementing client-centred models of health care where stakeholderscollaborate, utilizing ICTs to manage health issues as well as the healthcare system; addressing important issues of the environment andsupporting the “greening” of societies and economies for sustainableways of living.
3. e-Learning & Science• Serving the needs of learners to acquire knowledge and skills for a complexand globalizing world; transforming schools, universities and othereducational institutions through interactive, personalized and distributedlearning resources; addressing the learning needs of all and creating activee-learning communities and solutions for corporate training as well as life-long learning; making science accessible to citizens; presenting results ofscientific projects as well as supporting forms of scientific inquiry; fosteringglobal collaboration in science, and providing measures to promote scienceand demonstrate its results and their value to society.4. e-Entertainment & Games• Supplying digitized entertainment products and services; entertaining theuser in this world’s variety of languages and its cultural diversity; supportingmovement from one-way to two-way, from single to multiple players,interactive entertainment and the synergy between analog and digitalplatforms.
5. e-Culture & Tourism• Preserving and presenting cultural heritage in line with the challenges ofthe future; demonstrating valuable cultural assets clearly andinformatively using state-of-the-art technology; developing the diversity ofcultures and sub-cultures and the multilingual nature of societies.Enabling travellers to find attractions, to be informed and enlightened, toenjoy safe travel and have access to up2date travel information;enhancing intermodal use of public transport, supporting orientation incities and countryside, allowing the hotel industry to addresscustomers, and providing navigation-based content.6. e-Media & Journalism• Using ICTs to report the news and present stories in an interactiveway, crowd sourcing new data and sharing information, presenting theworks of citizen journalism using the web for text, picture and videoreporting, covering natural disasters, public campaigning, multimedianews, mobile media aggregation and search services; new forms of mobilevideo and m-&e-TV, movies and current affairs.
7. e-Business & Commerce• Support and optimization of business processes; creation of new businessmodels in e-commerce and m-commerce, business to business, business toconsumers, internet security and other areas; supporting SMEs on themarketplace; using ICTs for buying and selling as well as servicingcustomers and collaborating with business partners.8. e-Inclusion & Empowerment• Measures supporting integration of the global information society; bringingleast developed countries into the knowledge society; reducing “digitaldivides” between technology-empowered and technology-excludedcommunities and groups such as rural areas and women, seniorcitizens, disabled citizens and children; bridging society and strengtheningsocial and political participation of individuals and groups through ICTs;empowering citizens and stakeholders in public services.
Please contactAlex Hunghungalex@gmail.comNational Expert, WSACEO, Crossover InternationalVice president, iProAFor any inquiry or participation in WorldSummit Award (WSA 2013)