Opening keynote will examine how organisations can create a social business strategy that will enhance internal communications and collaborations. It will highlight Oracle EMEA's journey of social discovery to overcome the paradigm shift in culture faced by employees, and how sustainable social maturity is achievable in business.
1. Buy-in… (old example) @DavidChris “ It’s ok. Being Social in the Workplace can actually reduce your “ I’m getting 300 emails email by a min. of 50% ” a day….i need help! ” Social Leader The Big Boss
1. Buy-in…(new example) @DavidChris Video 1 Introduction Social Media in Business: It’s just a bunch of tools right?
2. Branding and Identity @DavidChris Define what you represent…
2. Branding and Identity… (example) @DavidChris
3. Ambition @DavidChris Be clear on your long term goals…
3. Ambition…(example) @DavidChris “ I want to work in a socially connected workplace where collaborative working across geographical locations, lines of business, and management chains is “ Aha! That’s the second nature, enabling innovative mission solutions to business challenges ” statement sorted! ” Social Leader employee
4. Values…(example) @DavidChris “ 4. Bridging the gap between “ 5. Overcoming traditional and change barriers of“ 3. Making skill social The Social sets and communications ” Workplace ” business expertise more accessible ” “ 6. Creating new“ 2. Solving business connections and issues and relationships of challenges though trust ” collaboration ”“ 1. Creating a collaborative “ 7. Be our own Social environment and Workplace reference culture ” ” 15
5. Infrastructure @DavidChris Build substance behind the words…
5. Infrastructure…(example) @DavidChris 1 Knowledge Areas Social Workplace 2 3 Initiatives Projects
6. Communications & Marketing @DavidChris Treat it like an external marketing campaign…
7. Evolve…(example) @DavidChris 2011 2010 al 2009 Be ing Soci Social Media in the in the W orkplace 2008 l Workplace Socia a Medi Web 2.0
Summary @DavidChris 7 steps to creating The Social Workplace 1) Buy in – Find the hook 2) Branding & Identity – Define what you represent 3) Ambition – Be clear on your long term goals 4) Values – Identify your worth 5) Infrastructure – Build substance behind the words 6) Communications & Marketing – Treat it like an external marketing campaign 7) Evolve – Be prepared to fail
Infrastructure – Initiatives @DavidChrisSocial Leadership Adoption Model (SLAM) programme I will I’ll do lead it What is it? it A FREE, 100% online initiative to evolve the working methods of business teams through a I’ll drive the combination of traditional and social change to means, realising The Power of being social Collaboration. What are the benefits? Increased productivity, improved communications and more team and cross-team collaboration. On completion, each champion will join an exclusive Social Leadership community. Could I…please?
Infrastructure – Initiatives @DavidChrisSocial Leadership Adoption Model (SLAM) programmePhase 1: Social Readiness Module 1 Module 2 Social Leader Module 3 Module 4 Module 5 100% Online | 70% Interaction
Infrastructure – Initiatives @DavidChrisSocial Leadership Adoption Model (SLAM) programmePhase 2: Social Maturity Working towards completing Stage 2 Social Leader (example of Joe Bloggs as Social Leader for Business Operations)