Welcome To Curriculum Night
Please find your student’s seat and read the
letter they have left for you. Feel free to
write them back on the bottom if you’d like.
Fourth Grade Curriculum Night
Mrs. Cozart and Mrs. Bruckman’s Class Room 21
About Me Graduated from Eastern Michigan University
with a teaching degree, but starting teaching
technology in adult education programs.
Worked for over 20 years teaching and
supporting technology. I was at Ford Motor
Company over 10 years before I decided to
resign to go back to the classroom.
Started working in the Walled Lake School
district I’ve taught at Glengary, Clifford Smart,
Commerce and Guest last year.
Live in Commerce Township with my husband,
Dale, and our two children, Dalton and Rachel.
Fourth Grade Curriculum
and use of the website
• Social Studies:
• Language Arts:
• Spelling/Word Study
• Everyday Math Program
• Focus on:
• Multi-digit Multiplication
• Long Division
• Fractions, Decimals, Percents
• Perimeter, Area, Volume
• Four Main Units:
• Sun, Moon and Stars
• Magnets and Electricity
• Motion and Design
• American Studies
• Geography – Regions
• National Government
• Michigan History
Language Arts: Reading
• Reader’s Workshop
• Daily Mini-lessons-Whole Group
• Reading Independently
• Reader’s Journal
• Small Group Meeting-Literature Circles
• Comprehension Question Worksheets
Language Arts: Writing
• Writer’s Workshop
• Daily Mini-Lessons-Whole Group
• Independent Writing Time-Writer’s Notebooks
• Small Group Focused Lessons
• Individual Conferences
Language Arts: Spelling/Word Study
• Weekly Spelling Words
• Three to Four Small Groups
• Pretest Monday
• Word Sorts/Spelling Notebook
• Final Test Friday
• Your child can bring a healthy snack each day along
with a bottle of water, no juice please.
• Peanut Allergy
• Class Rule: Respect Each Other
• Following Rules:
• Rewards: Tickets
• Discipline: Green, Yellow and
• Chain of Punishments
• Loss of Recess and Action
• Dr. Culbert intervention
Worker Bee of the Week
• During this week I will have many special
• Estimation Station
• Control of the classroom rocking chair
• Line leader, and choosing a job for myself and for my
• We have a bulletin board in our room on which I will be
displaying my “All About Me” poster.
• Somewhere on my poster I have to write about my dream
job. This job can be real or made-up.
• Missing Work per Marking Period
, and 3rd
missing papers: given warnings with assignment
communications sent home to be signed
missing paper: action plan with Mrs. Cozart or Mrs. Bruckman
missing paper: Recess detention in another room
missing paper: Loss of 5th
grade safety nomination
• Missing work will be marked as a zero if not handed in
by the next school day after the due date.
• A missing project will be marked down 10 points for
every day that it is late.
• Any test, project, or assignment that a student wishes to redo will be
averaged with the original assignment for a new grade.
• A student who receives a D or an E on a test MUST retake the test.
• Extra Credit is rarely given, so please do not count on it.
• September 25: Ice Cream Social
• September 29: Picture Days
• October 13: MEAP Testing Begins
• November 12: Fall Conferences
• January 2010: Lansing Field Trip
• April 2010: U of M Pond Field Trip
How to Get in Touch with Mrs. Cozart
• (248) 956-3331
• In Person:
• Before or After School