Introduction to Facebook
The Accessible Expert at
Coryon.com Internet Marketing
Go to www.coryon.com/PlacerSocialClass to view this presentation.
Facebook – The Big Picture
• Is your market on Facebook?
Is your Business Engaging?
• Can you create good content?
• Can you answer questions?
Do you have a Strategy?
• Facebook can fit into your existing marketing plan
Can Facebook be an Easy Addition?
• Facebook can be simple, but don’t expect much
• Posts and comments can be small but should be regular
Do Likes Really Matter?
• Not really, unless you are marketing to them
• Website traffic for offers matters most
• Facebook is a HUGE social network – Over 1 Billion Users
• Facebook is VERY popular
• Active users spend over 15 minutes daily
• Key parts – Personal profiles, business and interest
pages, groups, apps, sponsored advertising
• Advertising and Promoted Posts
Can I use
for my business?
• Set up a business page
• Create an editorial calendar and plan out content
• Use Facebook as a place to post simple content related to your
existing blogging and email marketing
• Great place to research your market
• Find groups, pages, places and interests
• Read more - www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-101-business-guide/
How to advertise on
Don’t be a button smasher – Boost posts carefully
Focus on your best target markets
Create a sales funnel that leads from Facebook to your website
Use Power Editor
• Add to Chrome to advertise to very specific groups
Getting Started with a Facebook Business Page
• Create a Page
• From your profile go to Pages then click Create a Page
• Upload Timeline Image – 851X315 pixels
• Upload Profile Icon – 160X160 pixels
• Read More - http://www.copyblogger.com/timeline-cover-photo/
• Fill Out all Info – Add Sections
• Study other Facebook Pages
• Invite Friends to your Page
The Basics – Facebook Help from Facebook
www.facebook.com/help/382987495087424/ - Pages help
Facebook Marketing Bible
Facebook Marketing Series from Mashable – Many good articles
Article with Good Tips to Get Started – Includes Examples
Facebook Marketing for Small Businesses
Powerpoint with Examples of Larger Companies using Facebook