CORY L. McCLURE
5430 Teakwood Lane North, Plymouth, MN 55442
To obtain a sales management position with a technically innovative company committed to integrity and excellence.
A highly motivated, detail-oriented sales professional with successful experience selling computer hardware and software
solutions within Hospitality, Broadcast, Satellite, and Medical markets. Able to effectively prospect, secure, and retain valuable
customers to consistently exceed revenue expectations.
SALES & MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE
Comtrol Corporation, Maple Grove, MN 1996-2009
Business Development Manager, Hospitality Products Division 2007-2009
- Worldwide Manager of Hospitality Products Division - Selling software solution for hotel property management system
integration. Directing product development opportunities. Prospecting, developing,, and maintaining 70 direct OEM accounts
worldwide. Selling to C-Level, VP, and Owners. Expanding OEM network into Asia, Europe, Africa, and South America.
- Increased partners by 10%, exceeding annual sales goals.
Major Accounts Sales Manager, Datacom Division & Hospitality Products Division 2002-2006
- Sales manager of Hospitality Products Division Worldwide, selling hardware/software middleware solution. Sales manager for
Broadcast, Satellite, Medical Diagnostics, and Pharmaceutical vertical markets in Datacom hardware division. Developing,
prospecting, and maintaining major accounts, OEM’s, systems integrators across World, and North America.
- Increased revenue by 15%, 30%, 45%, 41%, 31% and exceeded sales quota by 5%, 34%, 38%, 44%, 10% - $4.3M quota.
Sales Manager, Hospitality Products Division 2000-2002
- Selling hotel property management computer software and hardware solution. Maintaining and prospecting property
management system manufactures and major hotel chains worldwide.
- Increased customer base by 125% across 9 countries.
Southeast Region Strategic Sales Manager, Datacom Division 1996-2000
- Managed a team of 8 sales staff. Developing & prospecting major accounts, OEM’s, national VAR’s, large systems integrators.
Providing sales & technical training for reseller reps and system engineers on Comtrol’s computer network hardware products.
Trained new inside reseller account managers.
- Achieved over 100% of $4M sales goal annually. Increased quantity of VAR’s by 300%.
Xerox Office Products, Duluth, MN
- Selling Xerox product line, maintaining satisfied customer base, successfully completed Xerox sales school, and providing
demonstrations & training.
2007 Employee of the Year Award
1998 & 1999 Salesperson of the Year
B.B.A. – Marketing, University of Minnesota – Duluth, Magna Cum Laude Honors 1991-1995
University of Birmingham, Birmingham, England - UMD Study Abroad Program 1992-1993
Communication – Built close business relationship with a strong dedicated customer base with thorough follow up, consistent
communication and joint sales calls. Executed numerous sales presentations. Extensive trades show experience.
Computer – Sales knowledge of networking hardware, remote access solutions, LAN hardware, Ethernet solutions, Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet and GoldMine.
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Travel, fishing, hunting, camping, outdoors, skiing, photography, and mountain biking.
Available upon request.