Mr. Chander Sawhney, Partner & Head – Valuation & Deals, Corporate Professionals shared his thoughts as a guest Speaker on M&A Valuation and challenges at a Business Valuation Masterclass organised by VC Circle on 31st August, 2016. Corporate Professionals acted as the event supporting partner.
• In case of a merger valuation, the emphasis is on arriving at the relative values of the shares of the merging companies to facilitate determination of the swap ratio, hence, the purpose is not to arrive at absolute values of the shares of the companies. The key issue to be addressed is that of fairness to all shareholders. There are established legal precedence for merger valuation methodologies:
• Valuer’s role is to incorporate case specific factors and use appropriate methodologies so as to determine a fair ratio
• Usually, best to give weight ages to valuation by all methods
• Market price method and Earnings methods dominate.
• It is observed that in case of M&A, the Valuations depart from the concept of “Fair Value” as elements like Distress Sale, Desperate Buy, Comparable Transaction Multiples come into play reflecting Price than Value.
About Corporate Professionals Valuation Practice
Corporate Professionals Capital Pvt. Ltd. is a SEBI Registered (Cat-1) Merchant Banker and has a successful track record of providing a broad range of M&A and Transaction Advisory Services. Our Dedicated Team has more than 10 years of rich Valuation experience and we have executed more than 500 Corporate Valuations for clients of International Repute across different Context, Industries and Boundaries.
To know more about Our Valuation offerings and how we can help you, please visit us at www.corporatevaluations.in or download our Valuation profile @ http://www.corporatevaluations.in/VALUATION_PROFILE.pdf