Store book bags and
personal items at the
back of the room as you
come into the lab.
There is not enough
space next to the
computers for these
No food or drink or gum is allowed
in the computer lab.
Use good posture while sitting at the computer.
• Eyes level with the monitor
• Shoulders down, arms relaxed
• Feet flat on the floor
• Back supported
The Computer Lab is a classroom.
You are here to work on your assignment.
You are not here to “play”.
If you use the computer for any purpose other
than your assignment, it will be considered
Students are not permitted to
• Change the desktop in any way.
• Change the screensaver.
• Delete, move or rename any files.
• Install software downloaded from the Internet or
any other source.
• Open personal email accounts not being used for
• Use computer games without teacher permission
(such as Solitaire, Minesweeper, and others).
1st Offense: Student is given a warning.
2nd Offense: Student is removed form computer for
the remainder of the class period and parent
contact is made.
3rd Offense: Student is sent to the office with a
discipline referral. It is the classroom teacher’s
decision to all the student to make up missed
Students are responsible for repair or replacement
of deliberately damaged equipment.
Unauthorized use of hardware or software can be
considered to be “hacking.”
Marshall County Schools Discipline Policy
Class 2 Offense (In or Out of School Suspension): When
hacking does not cause damage to equipment and/or
Class 3 Offense (Out of School Suspension or Expulsion):
When hacking causes damage to equipment and/or
Music and Software are copyrighted
You buy the right to use
the disc, but you do not
own the product.
It is illegal to copy CD’s
if you have not
purchased the license
to do so.
Information, pictures, and music acquired
from the Internet is copyrighted.
Students must cite the source of reference
information and images used in multimedia
Pictures must have
next to the image:
When information is acquired from a website, the
website author and Internet address of the site
must be “cited” in a bibliography, works cited
“Mickey Mouse." Postershop.co.uk. 26 Jul 2009
Stay Safe While You Surf
• Never reveal personal information about yourself (name, address,
age, phone number).
• Never give anyone your Social Security number, credit card
numbers, or your parents’ names.
• Never arrange to meet someone face-to-face you have only met on-
• Don’t share photos of yourself with someone you have only met
• Don’t share passwords with anyone except your parents and
Computer Lab attendance is a privilege you
should not take for granted.
Following the guidelines presented today will
help you have a successful experience.
Ms. Robbie Stewart
Fayetteville High School