4. A letter from Rebekah
I cannot put into words how great of a teacher and amazing person you are. I
love your class and the fact that you don’t only do what will suffice, but strive to
make everything that happens at our school phenomenal and the best it can be.
You are honestly the most inspirational person I’ve ever met, and just so you
know, you’re on my dream team.
Thank you for having the patience your job requires and everything you’ve
done to help us all become the best versions of ourselves. I’m blessed that I just
so happen to be born, of all of the places in the world, near Camilla and was
able to meet you and have a beam of your light shine on my life.
You have completely changed my outlook on this world and opened so many
doors of opportunity I previously had no idea existed.
Before I met you, I hadn’t even considered a career in art. But you have
altered my perspective and I now realize that there are endless opportunities
and options for an artistic career.
I appreciate that you are so real and that you are not afraid to say, ‘hey, you’re
not perfect,’ because no one is. And you realize that the beauty of our flaws is
that they accentuate our better features.
I’m not a believer in predestination, but I believe that God does coax us in the
direction of wonderful things, and I believe he urged you to come back to
Camilla to do amazing things; and what amazing things you have done!
I am so grateful for all that you do and I hope you have an amazing summer!;)
14. 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70
Home Env/ Parental Inv
Stdnt/Tchr Social Intxn
Social/ Behavioral Attributes
Motivational/ Affective Attr
Quantity of Instruction
Stdnt/Tchr Academic Intxn
Tchr/ Admin Decisionmaking
Curriculum and Instruction
Parental Involvement Policy
Classroom Impl/ Support
Out of Class Time
State Level Policies
Relative Influences on Learning
30. T h e C l a s s r o o m C a r
31. T h e C l a s s r o o m C a r
Today we will learn:
1. About the framework I use in my classroom. (I’ll give you options for each item)
2. I challenge you to write down your own framework
3. Give you a model to select tools that are easy use in differentiated instruction
4. Give you practical examples of what differentiation looks like.
36. My Toolkit
(Ning & Blogging)
2006 Audio File
2006 Video creation
2007 Virtual Worlds 2010 Apps / QR Codes
2011 Cloud Storage/
Spring 2014 Sophia
Fall 2014 Haiku
Spring 2014 Mobile
LMS (Haiku Learning)
T h e C l a s s r o o m C a r
46. How you can add blogging to your
• Ning (Costs more) education.ning.com
• Wordpress www.wordpress.com
– Edublogs is based on wordpress. www.edublogs.org
– We’re taking part of the school website for school blogging.
• Blogger www.blogger.com
– Kidblogs based on blogger
• Write the World writetheworld.com/
– Writing competitions
• Padlet www.padlet.com
• Seesaw web.seesaw.me
– Some younger classrooms are using Padlet and SeeSaw like a blog
54. What are the proofing / editing
tools you can add to your toolkit?
• Grammarly www.grammarly.com
– Sign up for it using Google Chrome to get basic features free
– Pro version gives all kinds of editing, etc.
– Can’t use inside Google Docs
• Hemingway (a web page) www.hemingwayapp.com
– No need to buy the offline version. Use the online version free.
– Use small pieces of text and edit from top to bottom.
• Pro Writing Aid www.prowritingaid.com
– Can use online or add to Google Docs
59. Read and Write for Google
1 minute or less voice comment
60. What are the voice typing tools
you can add to your toolkit?
• Google Voice Typing http://cctea.ch/G-voicetype
• Dragon http://cctea.ch/cct-dragon
– Dragon Anywhere (on mobile app – paid)
– Dragon Software (on computer)
• Dictation on Mac http://cctea.ch/cct-macdictate
• Dictation on Mobile phone (hit mic button)
• Read Write for Google Chrome http://cctea.ch/cct-readwrite
61. TEACHER PAIN POINT:
How Do I Make Sure
Students Know How to
(Real Pain Point: How do
I keep from losing my
job over a kid doing
62. See “What Your Students
REALLY need to know
about Digital Citizenship”
by Vicki Davis on Edutopia
Chapter 11 in Reinventing
1. Pick a digital
63. 2. Let students explore the model by
creating a website and sharing with each