Our Background Situation
Our app could be for the single parent who is
organising a dinner party. They attempt to cook a
meal however they don’t have a lot of time , they
are very unorganised and don’t know what to cook
or how to present it.
People often burn and under cook their food, they also
find it hard to get new inspiration and are often left
clueless on what to cook.
How can I cook a tasty and wholesome meal for my
family and make sure its cooked for the right amount of
• 1 in ten women can only cook three
meals without looking at a recipe book
• Eight in ten women admit to cooking the
• 28% of Americans cannot cook.
• Ready meals are on average £5 for a 1
person serving, why would you pay
extortionate prices when you can cook 3
whole, nutritious meals for the same
Do you struggle to find simple recipes and inspiration to cook?
Our app will benefit a large amount of people and inspire more people to cook or
even make cooking a passion. Our app will help you to find tasty recipes that
are just right for you based on time and ingredients that you have. Easy to follow
tutorials will guide you along the way. It will also have a timer with notifications
15, 10 and 5 minutes before the food is ready. Therefore you needn’t worry
about burning or undercooking perfectly good food.
Unlike other cooking apps on the market today, we will have a measurement and
conversion page, we will categorise the recipes by ingredients or time available.
We will also include a balance between extra health and not so healthy recipes.
You can share videos, photos and reviews on our app. Our favourite’s page will
be easy to use and add you can add your favourite recipes to it. We also aim to
incorporate social media sites in the future and connect to shops to provide
reward vouchers. For users at the top of our leader board.
More than 70% of people that completed our survey
said that they burn and under cook food
57% said that they really enjoy cooking but most of
the people said that if there was an app that
could help them with cooking that they would
enjoy it more
64% said that they use the internet to find recipes, 21%
said they use cookbooks and14% said they use
family and friends.
84% said they would pay for an app if it had recipes
that only used ingredients that are available to
We learnt that …
• People wanted an app that inspires them to cook
• An app that helps them be organised
• Can fit around their busy life style
• They want an app that has healthy recipes
• Has recipes that have an affordable budget
Why our app is different
• We will have a measurement and conversion page
• Categorise the recipes by ingredients or time
• A leader board which provides rewards
• Aim to incorporate social media sites and join with
supermarkets so we can offer reward vouchers for
top of the leader board cooks.
• An alarm-where you set the times that you
want to be reminded about the food.
• A shopping list- the ingredients needed for the
recipe you have chosen.
• Users will create an account- where you can
upload photos, videos and recipes
• We will have a leader board- The users who
stay at the top will receive rewards
• We also want to connect to supermarkets to
provide rewards and recipes.
Data and Content
• Our app needs photos, videos, recipes and
reviews. We will get this from our users who can
upload the content. When we connect to
supermarkets they can also upload the content.
• We will need access to a Wi-Fi connection
• Value propositions- Simply Cook
• Customer segments-Anyone who enjoys cooking or needs help to
• Customer relationships-We will offer reward vouchers
• Channels-Google Play Store
• Key activities-Regular updates based on feedback
• Key partners-Supermarkets and Co founders
• Key resources-Designers and Developers
• Cost structure-Maintenance of the app
• Revenue streams-We will charge after a period of time and
advertise for shops.
• We will advertise on social media such as
Facebook and Twitter.
• Posters , flyers and leaflets
• We could also advertise by word of mouth .
App Design Mock-up
We presented to an expert who gave us some
tips to improve our app such as using a voice
recognition so while people are cooking they can
still use the app without getting cooking
substances on their device and we have also
presented in our school and received feedback
that we have taken on board and improved. We
have set up a twitter account and gained
research from our Gmail survey.