The simplest explanation of a cardio
workout would be any
workout/exercise that gets your heart
rate up, and keeps it elevated for a
significant amount of time.
• Stair exercises will help you
increase your cardiovascular
stamina and will also tone
your lower body.
• Staircase exercise is a great
out of gym cardio training.
• You can also incorporate stair
exercise in your interval
training and circuit training
• Swimming, freestyle (or with the
butterfly or breast stroke) can
burn up to 350 calories per 30
• But this is with respect to
rigorous swimming, and not
leisurely swimming, which burns
a mere 200-250 calories per 30
• If you add this for an hour, you're
burning 400 to 700 calories an
hour, which is pretty good.
• The amount of calories burnt in
cycling usually depends on your
speed and the resistance of the
• Although, this form of fitness
program does not help much in
terms of upper body workout, it
can be a great way to tone your
lower limb muscles.
• Jogging is another ideal way to
work every part of your body
and shed some unwanted
• In order to achieve the best
attempt working above 8 mph.
• You can also offer resistance to
motion using rugged, rough
terrains and hilly inclined areas.
• At its core, Zumba proposes
to offer a large calorie burn
through high-tempo aerobic
activity coupled with
• Based on various factors
such as body weight,
gender, fitness level and
other physical factors, you
can burn up to 400 to 600
calories per hour.
• Playing a game of basketball is an easy
and effective way to improve your
flexibility, endurance level and cardio-
• The running and the quick alteration
in directions while playing the
game will also help you tone your
muscles while dropping a few calories.
• On an average, you lose around 600-
900 calories while playing basketball
for an hour.
• Kickboxing is primarily known for
developing great cardiovascular fitness,
and unlike running, cycling and other
popular cardio activities, it works the
whole body while hitting the core
muscles hard too!
• In terms of calorie burning it outdoes
the regular jogging/walking workout
any day, while being more fun as you do
a lot of different moves compared to
doing just one movement continuously
for an hour.
• Core power yoga is performed in a heated
room and the postures surround
• But it has to be done at a fast pace. Core
power yoga strengthens your abdomen
and the back.
• It involves muscle toning postures too.
Core power yoga also strengthens the hip
• You can expect to improve strength,
stamina, endurance, improve
concentration and reduce stress.
• Anyone can learn belly dancing and
it's both a sexy and fun way to keep
• Belly dancing will not only make you
feel sexy about yourself but will also
help to improve your body posture,
aid in weight loss and help to burn
great amount of fat and calories.
Keep reading to find out more
Awesome Ways to Lose