University High school & Technical /Vocational College Middle school Primary school
Type of School Years of life ObligatoryPre-Primary School 3-6 NoPrimary School 7-12 YesMiddle School 13-16 YesHigh School 16-19 Yes (only two years)Vocational School 16-19 NoTechnical College 16-20 NoUniversity 2-5 years; 19-… No
- ‘Zero’ class prepares children to learn at School.- In a ‘Zero’ class children learn how to write single letters, read simple words, etc.- ‘Zero’ class is for children aged 5-6.- This class helps children to cooperate with others and how to be open to the world.
- Primary School takes 6 years.- Pupils in primary school are aged 7-13.- Primary School ends with a final exam, after the sixth class.- Primary education is divided into two cycles:-- Classes I-III where pupils learn basic skills like writing and reading.-- Classes IV-VI where pupils learn basic knowledge from different subjects.
- Middle school (lower secondary education) takes 3 years- Secondary school is a preparation for high school- It ends with a final exam after the third class, which consists of three parts :• the sciences (Maths, Geography, Physics, Chemistry and Biology)• the humanistic subjects (Polish, History, WOS- knowledge about society)• a foreign language (English)
- High School takes 3 years.- It ends with a High School Diploma Examination (called „matura”).- In High School students learn more about subjects they want to learn in a college or subjects they need to pass to have secondary education.
In our school:•Group 1: Polish•Group 2: English•Group 3: History,Psychology,Geography, Economy•Group 4:Biology,Chemistry, Physics•Group 5: Mathematics•Group 6: Languages:Spanish, German,French and IT
- Technical college takes 4 years and it’s after Middle School (lower secondary school).- It leads to a vocational diploma.- After Vocational school students can but don’t have to write a maturity exam and can go to a college, if they pass this exam successfully.
- University isn’t obligatory- There are many subjects to study in universities.- Universities prepare to work in a specific profession.- After graduating from a college people have higher education background.- After three years in a college students can pass a licentiate exam (bachelor’s degree) and finish their education or continue to get a master’s degree (after writing a master’s thesis).