Why gamification in tourism?
• new expectations of digital natives
• more and more of new tools (social media, geocaching, viral
• new dynamics
• shifting our needs of braging into
sharing, commenting and tourism
Socialnomics - the power of SM
• social networking is reason No 1 to go on-line
• 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are
links to user-generated content (UGC)
• 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations – only 14%
• we no longer search for the news, the news search for us… - the
same is going to happen with goods and services
• more than 1,4 mln pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog
posts, notes, photos) are shared on Facebook daily!
(Adventure, Culture, Ecology)
(Activities & Special Interests)
• sightseeing sightfeeling
More than a hotel - more than spending money…
How to collect points?
• riding the bike / climbing the mountain etc.
• visiting places and logging in tourism attractions
• taking photos / films and sharing them in the app
• asking your friends to join the app
• solving the problems and answering questions
• sharing opinions on places/products/services
• being active!
• game elements that motivate a player to take up new challenges
• guarantees satisfaction
• is attractive for players
Game mechanisms form game dynamics:
status / level
achievements/ challenges, special missions